Are Cellfina results permanent or is maintenance required?

Lasts up to 1 year

Clinical trials resulted in significant improvement after one treatment with results lasting up to one year. The early studies suggest that the results may last much longer than that.

Cellfina

Results are stable for over a year implying permanency, but the FDA indication is “long-term” unlike VelaShape where maintenance treatments were needed.

Suzanne Kilmer, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. Cellfina is currently FDA approved for two years of cellulite improvement. Because cellulite is genetic and its appearance may worsen with weight change, cellulite may recur. I hope this helps. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

How long do Cellfina results last?

In short, we do not know how long the results from Cellfina last. The technology is just too new. From the initial studies the FDA approved the manufacturer to claim results will last 2 years. That has now been extended to 3 years. Based on the science of how the technology works, I would predict that the results will be permanent, but until we have more long term follow up there is no way to know. What I can tell you is that the technology is truly a game changer for treating cellulite and my patients have been very satisfied with results now at 6 months post procedure.

Best Regards,

Dr. Ross Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD

Are Cellfina results permanent?

Cellfina works by cutting the fibrous bands of cellulite which is what causes the dimpling unlike other treatments. Cellfina is the only long term solution for the treatment of cellulite which does not require maintenance. FDA studies has shown results lasting up to 3 years. 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

Carlos Mata, MD, MBA, FACS

Cellfina results do not require maintenance

Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure that involves clipping the cords that are creating the dimples on the buttocks and thighs. The result is almost immediate and does continue to improve over several months and lasts. The FDA has approved the results lasting more than two years, however I would not expect the dimples to return because the process that caused them has been treated. However, if you gain weight, it is possible that less obvious dimples that were not treated, can become more obvious. 

I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

Quenby Erickson, DO, FAAD, FACMS
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Are Cellfina cellulite results permanent?

Unlike other cellulite treatments such as Velasmooth, Accent, Exilis, Endermologie, Thermage, the Cellfina procedure does not require maintenance treatments.  The Cellfina procedure is a one session treatment for the appearance of cellulite on the buttocks and thighs. All other treatments are temporary because they simply treat cellulite externally with sound waves, laser or radio frequency waves. After treatment, the cellulite will return if maintenance treatments are not done. Cellfina cuts through the fibrous bands of cellulite which is causing the skin to dimple. Cellfina gives results which have been shown to last 3 years or more in one session without maintenance treatments. 

Stanley Castor, MD

93% Patient Satisfaction at 3 years

Cellfina received updated FDA approval this week. At the 3 year point patient satisfaction was at 93% with the results of Cellfina and the overall appearance of cellulite. Our patients have seen improvement in appearance of cellulite in as little as 2 days following Cellfina. We are excited to be one of the first practices to offer this one of a kind treatment for cellulite in Massachusetts and all of New England.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina

Cellfina results are generally permanent, unless you gain a significant amount of weight. It is the best option for cellulite that exists on the market today.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

How long do Cellfina results last

After a single Cellfina treatment, you should begin to see results in as little as three days. In the largest clinical trial yet, the patient satisfaction rate was 85% at three months, 94% at one year, and 96% at two years!

Kyle Song, MD