Recent breast implants 275cc & looking to downsize to 215cc. Worth it? I realize most women would be happy w/ the result.(photo)

9 months ago I had a mommy makeover and wanted my breasts back to pre-breastfeeding A/B cups. I got Mentor silicone mod plus 275 (11.6cm diameter) and though they look great they are too big for me (now a 30E cup) - too much front and side projection and everyone I know asks if I had a boob job. Thinking of replacing to 215cc moderate (11.6cm diameter). Worth it? Will it look worse? Any other options? Can I fix the width given nipples? Picture looks smaller than in clothes. Thanks in advance.

Breast implants

I think your breast look good. 275 cc implants are not considered large at all.  Only you can determine if f downsizing is worthwhile, but I think the breast look excellent the way they are.

Reduction in size of breast implants

You have a very valid question. Many patients ask about the value of changing the size of their implants. Usually the change in size is not worth it unless it is more than 20% (up or down). In other words, you will not be able to really see a difference and therefore not worth the money. Your desire for size change meets this criteria and probably will give you the size reduction that will make you happy.All the best,Dr K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Can I decrease the size of my breast implants?

Yes, you can decrease the size of your breast implants but 60cc would only decrease it about a half cup size. Also, the smallest impant made is about 180cc so you may think of just removing them totally! I do do this under a local anesthetic.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Downsizing for such a little amount is most likely not worth it.  If you really want to downsize you usually need about 100cc to make a difference.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Good Candidate for Shaped Devices

Hello,I do think it is worth it. Each woman has her own taste and desires for how she wants to look. As for what to do, I think your plan of picking the same diameter implant in a lower profile is fabulous. However, given your lean body and desire to look natural, you are one of the few people who would get a visual benefit from a shaped device, like the Mentor Memory Shape or the Natrelle 410.  Additional benefits of these form stable devices is the least potential for rippling and the greatest durability in shape through the years.To be honest, you won't find many surgeons in LA who would recommend such a thing, especially as a revision surgery. Most American surgeons have no experience with them, and simply don't want to use them for fear of rotation, a very low risk phenomenon when the surgeon is experienced. However, I can assure you that if the concept sound good you should talk to those of us who use these implants on a daily basis. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Downsizing breast implants

Breast aesthetics is very individual and personal. Yes, you have a very nice result with your 275 cc implants. But, if you feel they are too big it is very easy and reasonable to downsize your implants.  If you do so your total breast size will be smaller as well as the height and width dimensions. This type of implant exchange can easily be done in an office setting with minimal recovery.  I hope this helps!

the old but common saying if it ain't broke don't fix them applies here. You have a beautiful result. I would leave them alone because 50 cc isn't going to make a world of difference anyway. 

Reducing your implant size seems reasonable by 60 cc. I don't believe a capsulectomy will be necessary. Tight compression bra after will be useful.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS