Can Botox correct my uneven smile? (photos)

I have had a crooked smile my whole life. I also have a lot of cheek flesh (even though I am a thin person in my body) which is assentuated by the crooked smile in my opinion. Can Botox make my smile more even to improve the overall symmetry of my face?

Botox and Facial Asymmetry

Botox cannot correct an asymmetric smile.  However, the correct facial fillers may be able to be injected and correct this asymmetry.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for an asymmetric smile

Dear sherryblossom86:

Thanks for sharing your static and action photos. I notice natural differences in your normal facial anatomy. This is normal as none of us have mirror-images faces or bodies. 

There are options to improve the symmetry short of surgery. Botox by itself will not fix the asymmetry of your lips. Filler may help.

Consult with an expert and talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to properly examine you face and make his / her recommendations. You have a gorgeous smile! Keep it up. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox

It is very common to have facial asymmetry and a difference in muscle movement on each side of the face. If this is something that bothers you, it may be helpful to discuss subtle options for injectable treatment, (Botox or Dysport for example.) with a skilled injector, and then decide if that's the right option for you.

All the best.

Botox for Masseter Muscles

Botox can help even smiles and slim the jawline but wont change the shape of the lips/mouth unless injected for that specifically and that has higher risk of issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can Botox correct my uneven smile?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell from the photos but Botox may help. I would recommend seeing an expert injector and board certified plastic surgeon for an assessment. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

The complexity of using Botox to adjust your smile

Smiling is a complex action.  An uneven smile may be the result of the structure of the facial bones, the amount of fat/soft tissue under the skin, scar tissue in the skin or the strength/weakness of the muscles. It takes more than a dozen muscles to coordinate the movement of smiling.

Botox is a medication injected into muscles and it makes the muscle pull less. Technically, Botox could be used to weaken select muscles to even out a crooked smile. It would likely take a few tries to get it right. And each attempt would last 3 months. Furthermore, you run the risk of changing the look of other expressions, altering the way your face looks at rest, or even affecting your ability to eat. 

Everyone's smile is unique and you have a beautiful one. I wouldn't change a thing about it. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked smile and Botox

The pictures are not at all helpful but if you think your smile is uneven it most likely can be corrected with the proper injection of Botox.  Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

#Yes but carefully

Botox therapy has a wide range of indications and one of them is correction of smile. It's possible to improve your smile !!!! but here are two moments.
Firstly, everybody has some asymmetrical features of the body including face. In this case, there is no pronounced asymmetry of the smile.
Secondly, the lower part of the face has more muscles than the upper part. Therefore, there are more procedure complications. Only doctors with long experience of botox treatment can promise good results. Pay attention when you choose your doctor.

Natalia Volkova, MD, PhD
Russia Dermatologist

Botox for crooked smile

Hi,
I am not able to see anything from the photos that you supplied.  In theory Botox could be used to partially correct a crooked smile but it is very difficult and somewhat unpredictable and not necessarily easily repeatable.  For all those reasons I wouldn't recommend it.  Symmetry is also greatly overrated and a perfectly symmetrical face isn't great.  Embrace your face and go with it!
Good luck

Seth Kates, MD
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and fillers for uneven smile, or lines

Hello and thanks for your question and photos.
Botox can not correct uneven smile.
The good news is that a variety of fillers are available to improve the symmetry very effectively.,
Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon with passion for creating beautiful results.
Best Wishes,
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS