I had 4 veneers put in and they look terrible. What would you recommend? (photos)

Had 4 veneers put in 7/23 to close gap and remove old bonding top central/lateral incisor. A week later I notice my left central was longer than the right he trimmed it down since then that tooth has been hurting & they are still uneven. 2day i notice when in certain light I can see the shade n shape of my natural tooth. Have u ever seen this before? Are they responsible to fix it or do new veneers considering it hasnt bee a month yet? Im so depress. What should i do n say?Please help

"Fixing" Your Veneers

We've worked with several patients in the same situation!  The first thing to do is schedule a follow-up appointment with the dentist that completed your veneers.  You can prepare a list of your concerns beforehand to ensure you don't forget anything.  BE HONEST and CLEAR about what you want.  Most dentists and the lab technicians they work with would prefer to redo the veneers rather than leave a patient unsatisfied.  Veneers are made to custom specifications and can be made to be more opaque or translucent as needed.  If the material and shade used was more translucent, you would definitely be able to see the natural tooth underneath.  Good Luck!

I do not Like my New Veneers

The shape of veneers can be changed in the mouth without a problem.  If you do not like the shade or seeing the tooth thru the veneer, they can not be fixed without redoing them.  This is handled in many different ways in different practices.  The color and thickness of the veneers depends on the material the veneers are made of, if you expressed to the dentist you did not want much tooth taken down and the cement under the veneers.
Go and talk to the dentist.  Dentists are incredible caring people and genuinely want patients to be happy!!

Kathy Frazar, DDS, FAGD
Houston Dentist

Discuss concerns with dentist

Unfortunately, if you are unhappy with the color or translucency of your current porcelain veneers they will need to be redone. Those options cannot be changed at this point. Each and every dentist handles these cases differently. I would recommend you speak to your dentist and find out what the possible options are for you. Best of luck going forward.

Marielaina Perrone, DDS
Henderson Dentist

Pastudent

Your best course of action is to have a discussion with your dentist and tell them of your concerns and that you are not happy with the veneers.  Typically to make large changes in veneers they need to be redone.  I am sure your dentist will help you get the smile you want.  Good luck!

Thomas Roberts, DDS
Seattle Dentist