43 years old and tired of chicken neck. What is the best procedure for lower chin area with loose skin? (Photos)

At age 32 I had chin lipo with winged chin implant in 2004. In the last two years and three pregnancies later my lower chin area has sagging skin. I'm trying to avoid a lower face lift at my age. I wants something less invasive but I don't believe Keballa helps loose skin.

Non-surgical options to improve loose skin under chin

One non-surgical option to help improve loose skin under the chin would be Ultherapy.  This is an office treatment that uses ultrasound waves to create heat, which leads to lifting and tightening.  Ultherapy normally would not produce results as dramatic as surgery would, but it could still lead to improvement.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport

Non surgical alternatives like VASER/ Thermi, Venus Legacy or Thermage/Ultherapy will give improvement.  I suggest laser treatments and fillers or fat to give you the lost volume you need as well. A lower face and neck lift may give best results. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Laxity of Skin of Face and Neck at 43 Y/O

Although your pictures do not show your face well, there is enough shown to see that you also have moderate loose skin on your face also. Unfortunately, there is no procedure that will accomplish your desires other than a facelift. At your age, the most reasonable option is a MACS Lift like procedure that lifts the lower face and neck with minimal incision behind the ear and without elevating and rotating the SMAS which will thin your face even more than presently. (See TodaysFacelift.com)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Loose neck skin

There are a variety of non-invasive treatments available for this area.  Two if the more popular are Thermi Tight and Ultherapy.  These are both office based procedures that use thermal energy sources to tighten skin and build new collagen.  There is some swelling involved after the treatments, but this tends to be minimal.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift

Thanks for sharing. From the photos a neck lift with or without a lower facelift would get you the most optimal results. A non invasive energy tightening device will likely lead to disappointing results. Consult with several experienced surgeons. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Loose skin under the chin

Kybella is for fat, so not what you need at all. There are several different types of non-invasive skin tighteners available. I think I would try something like the Pelleve prior to looking at a face/neck lift. However, there is a limit on what you'll get from the non-surgical methods. 

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Lower facelift/necklift Candidate

Dear january27, An in office consultation will best determine what procedure would help you with your laxity in the chin area. From the photographs alone you may benefit from a different style chin implant as well as a neck lift. Again an in office consultation would determine the best course of action. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Loose Neck Skin

Kybella will remove fat but it doesn't look like you have alot and it would not help you.  Thermage is a non-invasive way of tightening neck skin and it would help a little.  Unfortunately, your best option is surgery.  A U-Lift(tm) is the best way to address this.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Facelift

Thank you for your question and photos.  While a full exam would be necessary to give you a firm answer, based on your photos, it seems that you would likely be disappointed with any treatment other than a face/neck lift.  You are correct that Kybella is not likely to give you improvement (it may actually make things worse in your case).  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face/neck lift

Unfortunately, at face/necklift is your best solution. I don't believe that a noninvasive treatment will solve your problem.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon