How Long Will my Nipples Stay Inverted After my Explant? It's Been 8 Weeks...

Inverted Nipples after Explant

I would recommend aggressively massaging this area to help stretch any scar tissue between the nipple and chest wall.  I would perform this at least 3 times a day for 5 minutes a session. 

If you see no improvement at the 6 month mark, you may want to discuss the option of scar release under local anesthesia.    I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

NIpple inversion after explantation

This is difficult to say. If the nipples stay inverted after 6 months than I would bet they are likely to stay that way. Correction can often be done in the office under local anesthesia.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Inverted nipples after explantation

I usually don't look at final results too closely for three to six months following surgery.  After explantation you have lost a lot of volume through the removal of your implants.  It takes awhile for the tissues to tighten back down.  If your nipples are still inverted after that time, there may be some options to bring them back out again.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Inverted nipples post explant

There is no hard and fast rule.Taking care of inverted nipples is a simple outpatinet procedure done under local or with a little sedation.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon