Modified Phenol peel - results. (photo)

I had a modified Phenol peel 36 hours ago, my skin started peeling within 18 hrs in some spots. I have noticed that the lines are still there. Does this change over time? My Dr said that I had a deep peel but not the deepest and I may need to redo my mouth and eye area. I thought phenol perks only had to be done once?

Modified Phenol Peel

At a day and a half, you look like you are doing well.  Peels of this nature have a significant downtime but the results are well worth it.  It is far to early to tell if you will need anything more and often you can still see lines this early.  I think you will have a very nice result.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Modified Phenol Peel

The best time to assess the results of a modified phenol peel (presumably a croton oil peel) is 12 months after the procedure.  Thirty six hours after your procedure is too early to be looking at your face.  Please give yourself time to heal.  And yes, the peel can be repeated as necessary.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Phenol Peel

In short, yes you will get better as time goes on. You are very early on in your recovery and most likely you will see a dramatic improvement in your skin as time goes on.

Congratulations!

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Phenol peel

Thank you for your picture! You are doing very well for a few days out.  Phenol peels (even modified hetter phenol peels) do have significant downtime, but the results are unparalleled.  Right now you are fairly swollen, so expect the results to continue to improve for the next few weeks to months really as your skin goes from inflammatory phase (which it is in now), to the remodeling phase (when collagen gets deposited in the dermis and new healthy skin continues to proliferate).  As far as doing a repeat - you can certainly do "spot touch ups" with phenol peels without the downtime of a full face treatment.  Usually you want to wait 6 months to a year before considering that.  Congratulations on your procedure! Best of luck with recovery!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Croton oil/phenol peel healing

Thank you for your question about your phenol peel.

• Croton oil/phenol peels are done at various depths, depending on the depth of the skin.
  • The risk of going too deep is permanent scarring.
  • The risk of going too superficial is needing a second treatment.
  • But the healing takes time and you need patience to see your final result.
  • It is better for your surgeon to be cautious than to treat you too aggressively with phenol. 

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Early phenol peel result

Hi.  At this stage, it's way too early to tell much about the results.  They evolve significantly over time, and you'll need 6-12 months to see the final result.  If there are some residual wrinkles, the peel can indeed be repeated in the trouble spots.

Thomas Fiala, MD