I have done 1 ml stylage filler before and I want something better. Is it OK to use a different type of filler?

Mixing Different types of Fillers

I often use different types of fillers in combination to achieve the best results in sculpting a face.  In many patients I may inject Voluma in the mid-face and Juvederm ultra plus in other complimentary areas such as the nasolabial area and chin to achieve a more natural volume.  The lips may need a completely different filler such as Volbella or Restylane for a more subtle result.  Please consult an expert in facial fillers for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Something different?

Staying with the hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers is the smartest thing to do. There are lots of options (Restylane, Juvederm) that you can turn to in the future. 

Best wishes , Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Stick to hyaluronic acid dermal fillers for best compatibility

Stylage is a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler and so it will generally be safe to add another filler from this genre. But it all depends on where the filler was placed and for what indication it was used for.

In my practice I have been using the Restylane range of dermal fillers for over 10 years with fantastic results, longevity and patient satisfaction. Recently I have introduced the Teosyal RHA range with pleasing results as well.

I only use hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers because they have the highest safety record and can be reversed in the events of medical compilations with a dissolving enzyme called hyaluronidase. 

Ravi Jain, MBBS
London Physician

Dermal Filler Options

Yes, it is possible to layer a different dermal filler on top of perlane. This is an advanced injection technique. Consult with an experienced and expert physician injector. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Injections

It is Ok to inject another hyaluronic acid filler on top of Perlane.

Perlane is a great product, you may just need more. However switching is not a problem and people do it all the time.

Cynthia Stolovitz, MD
Montreal Physician