I had Restylane Lyft injected into my upper cheek area yesterday (Monday). My doctor said it was okay to wear makeup... But!

I'm nervous about removing it because anytime you remove makeup, there is some rubbing and I don't want to move the product at all. It's close to my eyes but not in the tear trough area. I usually rub my eyes to get eye makeup off and then obviously if I'm wearing foundation, on my cheeks I will need to rub that area too.

It is ok to put on makeup after having Restylane injected yesterday.  It is also ok to gently remove your makeup.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

It is perfectly safe to gently remove your makeup, even eye makeup, after filler injections. What we don't want is deep massage, but makeup removal is a gentle process. Be well.

Estee Williams, MD

Restylane Lyft

I love Restylane LyftIt is OK use makeup after filler.  Fillers usually set after 2 -5 days. You may notice some swelling a day or so after the fill,er is placed but this should resolve.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Makeup Application and Removal after Filler is OK

It is perfectly fine to use makeup after filler, and some gentle massage is sometimes beneficial.  Fillers won't migrate or become displaced from gentle makeup application or removal.
Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Lyft

I would advise not doing more than “daily
activities” for 4 hours after the procedure. After 4 hours, it is fine to
remove your makeup/wash your face as long as you are not doing a deep facial
massage or applying consistent, deep pressure to the area.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Wearing foundation and moderate rubbing of the area will not cause displacement of filler. Continue to follow your physicians post treatment recommendations. Best, Dr. Emer

Makeup after Restylane Lyft

It is perfectly fine to use makeup after filler. The rubbing that you do shouldn't affect the results of the injection. I ask my patients to sleep elevated for a couple days to improve the associated swelling.

Steven F. Weiner, MD