I had Restylane Lyft injected into my upper cheek area yesterday (Monday). My doctor said it was okay to wear makeup... But!

I'm nervous about removing it because anytime you remove makeup, there is some rubbing and I don't want to move the product at all. It's close to my eyes but not in the tear trough area. I usually rub my eyes to get eye makeup off and then obviously if I'm wearing foundation, on my cheeks I will need to rub that area too.

Restylane Lyft

I would advise not doing more than “daily
activities” for 4 hours after the procedure. After 4 hours, it is fine to
remove your makeup/wash your face as long as you are not doing a deep facial
massage or applying consistent, deep pressure to the area.

Columbus Physician

Removing Makeup After Treatment with Restylane Lyft

Thank you for your question. Typically, I advise my patients not to lie on the filler for 48 hours after the procedure and recommend lying on their back for the first two nights. After two days have passed, you will not need to worry about potential movement of the filler. The gentle pressure of taking makeup off or putting makeup on should not affect the filler at all. The majority of my patients will put their make-up on before leaving the treatment room and then will remove their make-up normally that night before they go to bed.  If you still have concerns, you should consult with board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Kristine Romine, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Makeup after fillers-safe after a few hours.

I generally ask patients not to place their makeup until after the injection holes close up, usually in a few hours after the injections have been done. Mainly I recommend this to avoid the risk of infection. Also I have started asking patients not to push the ice pack hard against their cheeks so as not to flatten the filler I have placed in their cheeks. However, I do NOT advise them after a few hours to avoid sleeping on their side, etc, as the filler really doesn't migrate or flatten after a few hours. Makeup the next day, in your case, should be fine.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safe with make up!

It's safe to remove your make up. Your Restylane Lyft is not going to move now that its been 24 hours. 

Warmest regards, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Restylane Lyft and Makeup

It is perfectly safe to wear makeup after Restylane Lyft. When it comes to removing makeup you can go with facial wash and mild water to remove your makeup gently, instead of rubbing with cotton pads or wipes.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Removing makeup after filler

Thanks for your question.  You should be fine to both apply and remove makeup after any fillers. Just be gentle and you should be ok. I hope you love the Restylane Lyft.  It is one of my favorites for the upper cheeks!

Amy Y. Paul, DO, FAAD
Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Lyft

After injections, it is perfectly safe to wear and remove your makeup, even eye makeup.  We do not recommend a deep massage, but cleaning makeup is generally a gentle process. Filler will not become displaced with gentle makeup removal or application.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Restylane Lyft

I love Restylane LyftIt is OK use makeup after filler.  Fillers usually set after 2 -5 days. You may notice some swelling a day or so after the fill,er is placed but this should resolve.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Restylane lyft

Later in the day it should be fine to remove the make up without any issues.  Hope you have a good response to the product.

Res

It is ok to put on makeup after having Restylane injected yesterday.  It is also ok to gently remove your makeup.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon