Exilis. Will facial fat be affected?

I've had an exilis treatment for the face for skin tightening. I am due to have 3 more! My question is will facial fat be affected? I have very little facial fat & only want skin tightening, is this possible? Or will fat be lost as well.

Exilis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question in regards to Exilis. There are two hand pieces on the Exilis machine. The smaller one is used on the face which will only tighten the skin, not melt fat. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Questions on facial fat and Exilis

The most important consideration in any aesthetic treatment is the training, qualifications and experience of the provider or professional selecting and performing the treatment.  This is especially true with Exilis Elite and the newer Exilils Ultra which incorporates ultrasound  with the radio frequency to enhance the treatment effect.  As the reviewers below discuss, the choice of hand piece will generally reduce the chance for any fat loss when treating facial skin laxity but the treatment parameters, settings and technique of the provider are very important in obtaining the best results and avoiding complications.

Will Exilis reduce my facial fat?

Exilis Elite (radiofrequency) and Exilis Ultra (radiofrequency combined with high frequency ultrasound) are treatments that that can both tighten skin and reduce fat. There are two handpieces on the machines. The smaller handpiece which is usually used only on the face will only tighten skin. The depth of penetration  is not enough to reduce fat. The larger handpiece (sometimes called the body handpiece) can penetrate much deeper and that is the one that can decrease fat. In my office we occasionally use this on the face to reduce fat in a controlled manner for overweight people but you can be assured that the facial or smaller handpiece will not do this. Try to find a practitioner with the newest Exilis Ultra machine as we are starting to see even better results with this.

Does Exilis affect facial fat?

The Exilis device has 2 handpieces-one for the face and one for the body. The facial handpiece does not affect facial fat. It targets the dermis, heating the skin to a temperature that will stimulate collagen and elastin formation. The body handpiece is designed to affect fat and tighten skin. Occasionally the body handpiece may be used to treat fat under the chin. This is on off-label use of that handpiece.