Does metal inside one's body permit for Exilis, Coolsculpting or Vanquish treatments?

I have had a spinal fusion with titanium pedicle screws from L1-S1. I also have a permanent metal retainer in my mouth and want to get rid of a double chin. Will all this metal be a problem for Vanquish, Coolsculpting or Exilis treatments? Which one is recommended if one has metal in their body?

Exilis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question in regards to Exilis. It is not suggested to have radio frequency treatment performed on or around areas of the body which may contain metal. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Flow of energy

Hello!

As you have some metalwork so close to the spine, I would avoid having any radio frequency treatments i.e. Exilis or Vanquish. Coolsculpting may be an option but you won't be able to tighten the skin. 

Your other options include;
  • Focused ultrasound - a trained practitioner would have to advise you in regards to this and your retainer
  • Fat dissolving injections - this may reduce your double chin without requiring any energy emitting treatment

Hope this helps