I had Botox 9 weeks ago in my forehead. The muscle from the forehead in middle top hasn't increased yet. Is this normal?

I had botox 9 weeks a go in my forehead and I start see the wrinkles comeback but the muscle from forehead in middle top does t increase yet is this normal ? The muscle movement. Comes back in go or is slowly graduate if someone understands what I'm trying to ask because I seen wrinkle s. On sides and on top forehead not really. Or better saying. The muscle comeback in 1 go or is slowly. By steps ? Thanks

Botox results

Thank you for your question danieloportuga. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. I am not sure I understand your question. The pivotal studies demonstrated that the maximum effect of Botox is seen 14 days after the treatment. Most people enjoy their results for 3-4 months. At that time a maintenance treatment is recommended. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox

The wearing off of botox can be dependent on the amount of units in each area and also the strength of the muscle injected. That being said however, typically it will wear off in 3-4 months.

Botox effects - dependent on dose and location of injections

It sounds like the effects of Botox are beginning to wear off.  The duration of effect of Botox depends on the volume of Botox injected, and the location of treatment.  I would contact your physician who did the injections.  If it was your first injection, it's likely that she injected a relatively lower volume of Botox to see how your musculature and forehead would react.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

I'd recommend you discuss your concerns with your injector so they can examine you and determine if you need additional Botox.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Muscle Movement after Botox

There can be some asymmetry with the return of muscle movement and with the forehead, it can take a bit longer to return. This is completely normal. If you're concerned, you can contact your Dr. Best, Dr. Emer

As Botox wears off, muscles may come back at different times

The muscles get return of function based on dosing, size, and location. Asymmetric return of function occurs often but eventually it all evens out. In the middle of the forehead, there is often a double effect from the glabella and forehead injection so it can take longer to return. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD