How soon after Botox can I have a facial wax and eyebrows done?

I am having botox for the first time in a couple of weeks. Forehead, crows feet and frown line. I am only 27 but smoke a lot and always in the sun, so my lines are quite visible! How soon after can I have a full facial wax including eyebrows done?

How soon after Botox can I have a facial wax and eyebrows done

Thank you for your question.  24 hours should be sufficient time for healing. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes 

Botox and facial waxing

As long as your waxing is done a day before or after your Botox treatment, you will likely be fine.  If for whatever reason, you have a strong skin reaction from waxing, then I would wait until the skin sites are back to normal before proceeding.

Thank you for your question. Though there is not a specific timeframe for facial waxing or having your eyebrows done after receiving Botox, I normally tell patients to wait 24 hours before pursuing treatments.

Botox and Waxing

There is no reason you have to wait to get a waxing, this can be done the same day.  I wish you the best, please see an expert for treatment.  Dr. Emer.

Facial Treatments After Botox

I generally recommend waiting about 24 hours after Botox before proceeding with facials or waxing. This will allow the Botox to completely absorb before proceeding. After 24 hours, there shouldn't be any issues.  Hope this helps.    

Adam Asarch, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Waxing and facial treatments after botox

I would recommend waiting about 24hr (or until any bruising or swelling has resolved) until having additional facial treatments. 

I hope this helps!

The Botox is rapidly absorbed by the muscle so you can perform the waxing procedures the following day without worry.
H C Gasiorowski MD

Henry Gasiorowski, MD
Greenwich Dermatologic Surgeon

Precautions and care after treatment with Botox

Botox will be completely absorbed by the target muscle in ~3 hours, so you will be safe to receive a facial wax including eyebrows anytime after that.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Facial waxing after Botox

24 - 48 hours after Botox injection it is very safe to go ahead with massage or facial waxing or microdermabrasio.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Facial after Botox

I usually tell my patients to wait a day before doing anything to the skin where Botox was injected.  Double check with your provider before doing so to make sure.
Hope you get the results you want with your Botox.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon