5 days after Botox and no improvement to elevens lines?

I had Botox in my forehead and elevens lines five days ago. This is my second time to have this treatment. The first time I noticed results v quickly. This time yes my forehead lines are gone but elevens remain and I can still frown. I felt my doc was distracted when doing the procedure (many patients waiting).The doc injected into my right eleven line but not my left. On first treatment my elevens disappeared within 3 days hence my impatience. Any advice?also will I have to pay if I require a touch up?

My advice is to be patient. Botox results generally START to appear within 3-7 days

My advice is to be patient. Botox results generally START to appear within 3-7 days, with full results appearing after two weeks. If after two weeks you still feel that there’s no improvement, visit your injector again for a touch-up. It’s completely up to your injector if you’ll need to pay again for a touch-up.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Results

Botox usually takes 2 or 3 days to start to work, and will continue to improve over the first 7 to 10 days. The full affect is typically achieved no longer than 14 days after being injected.

Should you not notice any improvements after 14 days, I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your skilled and qualified injector.

Take care.

Botox and Results

Botox takes 2 weeks to show its full effect. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience, wait 2 weeks and see if more is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Give it a Few More days then Call if not happy

Botox can take up to two weeks to reach its peak effect.  We typically ask our patients to "judge" their botox treatment on day 14 and if there is anything that they are unhappy with, to please call the office.  If a spot was not treated, one should be able to see the asymmetry of the movement to the area at a quick followup visit.  I would raise these concerns with your injector. 

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Glabella Lines

It can take up to two weeks to see the full effects of the Botox injections.  Please consult an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox Treatment and Result Delay

Hello and thank you for your question, and I am sorry for your frustration. I would wait at least 10 days-2 weeks for the Botox treatment to kick in. And if you are not satisfied, address your concerns with your doctor. Best of luck

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

No improvement to my 11 lies after 5 days with Botox injection.

As anxious as you might be because you are not seeing the same initial results you had with your first injection, it is best to wait 14 days before considering re-injection to the area.  Regarding payment for a touch up, you will have to call the office and ask.  In my office, I charge per area and any touch ups if needed 2 weeks after the injection are free.

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon

I would give it a full two weeks to determine whether the Botox will work. If there are issues at that time, contact your physician to address your concerns. They will be able to address any issues for you.

Botox

I would wait a full 14 days to see the full effects of the botox. At that time, if you are still unhappy, this would be a good time to address your concerns with your injector.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Botox has no effect after 5 days

I would recommend waiting at least 2 weeks after the treatment to determine if it is working.  Botox can sometimes kick in faster after the first treatment than subsequent treatments.  Regarding paying for touchups, you should discuss that with your injector as every office has a different policy.

Good luck!
Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD