I had botox 3 days ago in my forehead. I'm getting a massage tomorrow, can my forehead be massaged?

3 Days after Botox, massage

Hello and thank you for your question. Yes, three days after having Botox, a massage should be fine.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Massage

Botox is a great product, especially for your forehead wrinkles.  It should be perfectly fine to have the massage three days after your Botox.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and activity

Botox can spread with exercise or pressure over the treated area for at least 4 hours after the treatment. I tell every  patient not to wear a  hat or head band, avoid exercise, moving furniture, or other strenuous activity. The patient should not lie down and press their face into a couch, bed, etc.. The day after all activity can be resumed with no problem, even a massage...  

Ben J. Tittle, MD

3 days after Botox, massage is fine

I tell my patients that after 4 hours, they can do anything. The Botox is absorbed by then. I do tell them to wait on massage til then however. The reason I tell them to wait is that it is possible to move the Botox with the massage.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Massage and Botox

Some doctors recommend no exercise or lying down for several hours after Botox injections. With you already being several days post, there is nothing you can do to interfere with the Botox results. Enjoy your massage.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Massage after botox

After botox injections, vigorous manipulation or tight compression (hats etc) could potentially create diffusion of botox to areas that were not intended.  Usually, it is a good idea to avoid excessive manipulation of the areas treated for the first few hours after treatment.  Beyond the first day, there will not likely be any increased risk or massaging the area.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Massage

There is no reason botox would be affacted by massage even if it was done immediately after injection.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and massage

Absolutely. You should be safe to receive a massage in the same area of Botox injection by the 3 days. The medication gets to the site of action in approximately 30 minutes.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and massage 3 days later

No problem! Enjoy our massage. Your botox should be kicking in right about then that should add to your relaxed and happy state.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Botox 3 days ago in my forehead. I'm getting a massage tomorrow, can my forehead be massaged?

I have used Botox injections to soften unwanted lines and wrinkles of the face and forehead for over 30 years.  The Botox is absorbed within minutes after being injected, so no need to worry about a massage to the forehead 3 days later.

Hope this helps.