I'm having my indented forehead veins treated with sclerotherapy. Will this make the indents worse? (Photo)

I have indents on my forehead where the veins are. A vascular surgeon has said he will remove the veins with sclerotherapy and the gulleys, which he says are caused by the veins expanding should naturally fill in. I'm worried that removing them will make the dents deeper. Is it likely that the dents will fill by themselves and if so how long would that take?

Forehead ve

Most likely the indentations will not disappear following forehead vein removal but at least you will eliminate the veins. You have 2 choices---leave the veins alone with the indentations or treat the veins and see if the indentations resolve.

Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy for forehead veins

The indentation is not likely to change. It may get fuller if the vein thromboobliterates.

Remember, you may need more than 1 session of sclerotherapy for forehead veins. 

Dr. Karamanoukian