Can I achieve an inner thigh gap with liposuction? (Photos)

Is it possible for me to achieve that gap between my thighs with liposuction? My thighs constantly rub, making running/walking/jogging difficult when i work out, and it wears out my pants. It also makes me extremely self conscious. Can i achieve that look in the second photo?

Liposuction

It depends on what the patient is starting out with. With a small amount of fat you can achieve a thigh gap with liposuction. However, with a large amount of fat a thigh gap most likely cannot be achieved. No matter how much fat you suck out liposuction will only remove about 50% of fat present.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Achieving an inner thigh gap with liposuction?

Often, inner thigh liposuction will remove enough fat to create a gap between your thighs.  The amount of fat removed needs to be conservative to avoid surface irregularities or wrinkles.  You should gauge the gap between your thighs with your feet shoulder width apart ( your photo looks like your feet are together).  Discuss with a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck. 

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Everyone wants a thigh gap!

Thigh gaps are so popular and in many cases, easy to achieve but you need to go to a lipo doc who knows what he/she is doing and does it under local and stands patients up occasionally during the procedure to fine tune the results.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring --- THIGH GAP

Thigh gap is usually dependent on your body structure and muscle shape/size.  Fat can be contoured here to give more of one but you need to be very cautious as not to leave any irregularities.  Please see a VASER contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

#liposuction #plasticsurgery

Hi craspasta, Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon. He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. We like to also advise our patients of the importance of seeking out a plastic surgeon who has the following credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle.  I hope this information is helpful and wish you all the very best in your research.  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. Kind regards, Brian Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Thigh gap

Thank you for your question and for posting photos! Not everyone that gets liposuction to the inner thighs will achieve a "thigh gap." The inner thighs can be a very tricky region to perform liposuction because it can lead to significant contour irregularities because the skin of the inner thighs is thin. Liposuction can only affect the fatty layer....There are so many other anatomical structures one has to consider that take up room and cannot be effected by liposuction. You have bones, muscles, arteries, veins, nerves etc... Also, when you take pictures of the inner thigh, your feet should be about shoulder width apart...It looks as though your feet maybe together and your knees and thighs are being pushed together. The only way to get a better idea on whether you could achieve a thigh gap or not would be through an in person evaluation where the amount of fat could be assessed. Please make sure and be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. I hope this helps and good luck!
Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Gap between thighs and lipo

looks like the "desired" pose has knees apart and yours are touching so it is hard to tell how much medial thigh fat you have, but overall, you look thin and most probably would gain from a lipo. Choose a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and be realistic in your goals as over suction in that are can produce problems. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lipo of inner thighs

Liposuction of the inner thighs will not always achieve a thigh gap.  This is also related to the underlying anatomy.

Can I achieve an inner thigh gap with liposuction?

Liposuction of the inner thighs does not alway achieve a thigh gap. An in person consultation with your local plastic surgeons will help determine if a gap is possible with your given anatomy. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon.

Gregory Park, MD

Liposuction - Inner Thighs

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of your inner thighs. This could create the inner thigh gap you desire if performed properly.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures. Hope this helps.