I have excess fat on the back of my arms, just above the elbow. Is there an excercise to help this?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting To Arms -- KYBELLA / THERMIRF ALTERNATIVES

I suggest finding a VASER 4D contouring expert.  These areas can be treated sucessfully with fat reduction and skin tightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Excess elbow fat

Thank you for your question.  Fatty deposits can not be spot treated with exercise.  Occasionally decreasing overall weight and body fat will improve this area as well as the rest of the body.  When someone has a fatty deposit out of proportion to the rest of the body, liposuction or non-invasive fat destruction like UltraShape may be the answer.  An in-person examination is the only way to know what treatment is right for you.Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Arm fat - will exercise help?

Thank you for asking about your arm fat.
  • This is hard to answer without an examination -
  • If the skin is loose, you may need an arm lift.
  • If there is localized fat, you may need liposuction.
  • Triceps and biceps weight lifting will increase the muscle and give better definition of the arms.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm contouring

Thank you for your question. There are things that can be done to improve the contour of the upper arms. Diet and exercise can help improve the contour of the upper arm. However, if the area on your upper arms is due to excess skin then diet and exercise will have minimal impact. The best way to remove significant excess skin is through a brachioplasty (arm lift), which is a surgical procedure in which the excess skin is removed. If there are just stubborn pockets of fat then either liposuction or coolsculpting may be beneficial. Your best bet would be to come in for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and see what is the best way for you to achieve your aesthetic goals. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Fat on the arms.

Unlike muscles, you cannot target specific fat areas to go away.  To lose fat in your arms, you would have to lose fat overall.  You can target muscles in your exercises, but there are no exercises that will specifically get rid of fat.  The gold standard for fat in the arms is liposuction, but the concern would be hanging skin after the fat is removed.  There are non-invasive techniques to get rid of fat, but they provide limited amounts of fat that can be destroyed.  I would recommend you see a reputable plastic surgeon to see what your best options are for your arms.  A good surgeon should be able to offer several options, along with the pros and cons of each, and whether he/she think that option will meet your goals.  Good luck!

Richard R. Orr, MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon