Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?

I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?

Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true
?"

By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.

Dr. Peter Aldea

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

?"

Dr. Peter Aldea

Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License

I would strongly recommend never doing this. As part of a group devoted to preventing fake and counterfeit products like this entering the US, we don't accept this – and it is against the law to obtain a medicine, which this is, without a proper and intact medical license. Don't do it.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA. 

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

It is highly unsafe to even attempt to buy and inject your own Botox & Juvederm without a medical license.  It is not only against the law, it is extremely dangerous as the efficacy of the medication and injection technique can not be guaranteed.  See a licensed medical practitioner who is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, no exceptions.

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

Not legal

This is not a good idea because if you aren't a physician, Juvederm can't be legally sold to you. Anything you buy will be obtained illegally. Juvederm can only be sold to a licensed physician and administered by a medical professional. 

Not legal

Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?

I am concerned for you.  Even if you could obtain the medications and equipment needed, and I have never heard of someone being able to do that, if you weren't using strictly clean or sterile technique you could get an infection that hides out in the deep tissues of the face and is very hard to eradicate with antibiotics.  You could hit an artery or nerve trunk and get in real trouble with necrosis (death) of skin or nerves, paralyzing a portion of your face, or even causing permanent blindness or stroke.

On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results.  For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision.  I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures.  Actually, the learning never stops.

I was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? You used to do this to your poor mother, too?

*******It is now May, 2016 and I am updating this answer because this post comes up on page 1 of a Google search for buying Juvederm, and I am hoping to dissuade anyone considering injecting themselves from doing something so dangerous and foolish. In just the last few days, I have learned of two individuals who injected themselves with filler and got into real and serious trouble. Please see the real self post below.*********

I do not recommend this

I do not recommend you inject yourself with these agents. They are procedures that need training and expertise. You need to know a significant amount of anatomy to perform these procedures. Please do not put yourself at such risk. 

Sameer Bashey, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

I do not recommend this

Sameer Bashey, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Definitely Not Legal

I would strongly disagree in what you want to do here. Juvederm and Botox, by law, cannot be sold to individuals who are not medically licensed to practice. If you will be buying such items, your seller could be sued for breaking the law and selling such products to non-licensed individuals. Even those products bought overseas are still illegal. You may even run the risk of getting fake or counterfeit medications.

Buying Botox and Juvederm is highly dangerous more so if you inject these on yourself. If you are not a physician or not medically licensed to inject these, you may be breaking the law as well as putting yourself at risk. You may also not be able to manage possible complications much more notice them once they exist.

Always see a board certified surgeon and let him or her do the job for you. You may be spending a little more compared to your original plan, but the very least, you will be safe from complications and other risks.

Definitely Not Legal

Please don't

Please don't do this. There is no substitute for an experienced injector, (MD/DO/PA/NP), and experience counts, especially if there are complications, which are far more likely in the hands of an inexperienced (and unlicensed) person.

Please don't

Juvederm and botox legally

No, You cannot purchase these products unless you are a licensed physician. Any product that is not coming directly from the manufacturer (Allergan) cannot legally be used in patients here in the US.

Juvederm and botox legally