Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?

I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?

Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true
?"

By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License

I would strongly recommend never doing this. As part of a group devoted to preventing fake and counterfeit products like this entering the US, we don't accept this – and it is against the law to obtain a medicine, which this is, without a proper and intact medical license. Don't do it.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

It is highly unsafe to even attempt to buy and inject your own Botox & Juvederm without a medical license.  It is not only against the law, it is extremely dangerous as the efficacy of the medication and injection technique can not be guaranteed.  See a licensed medical practitioner who is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, no exceptions.

Not legal

This is not a good idea because if you aren't a physician, Juvederm can't be legally sold to you. Anything you buy will be obtained illegally. Juvederm can only be sold to a licensed physician and administered by a medical professional. 

Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?

I am concerned for you.  Even if you could obtain the medications and equipment needed, and I have never heard of someone being able to do that, if you weren't using strictly clean or sterile technique you could get an infection that hides out in the deep tissues of the face and is very hard to eradicate with antibiotics.  You could hit an artery or nerve trunk and get in real trouble with necrosis (death) of skin or nerves, paralyzing a portion of your face, or even causing permanent blindness or stroke.

On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results.  For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision.  I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures.  Actually, the learning never stops.

I was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? You used to do this to your poor mother, too?

*******It is now May, 2016 and I am updating this answer because this post comes up on page 1 of a Google search for buying Juvederm, and I am hoping to dissuade anyone considering injecting themselves from doing something so dangerous and foolish. In just the last few days, I have learned of two individuals who injected themselves with filler and got into real and serious trouble. Please see the real self post below.*********

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Injecting you own Juevederm

This is a unique question. I am not an attorney so I can't advise you on the legality regarding other countries. However, I would strongly advise against injecting you own botox or fillers. Injectors are highly trained, and have knowledge of anatomy. There are areas of the face that can have serious complications if filler or botox is injected in that area. I suggest you have a consultation with a professional injector regarding your cosmetic needs.

Not only is it illegal, it is extremely dangerous to attempt to purchase fillers or Botox online.

It is illegal to buy Juvederm or Botox if you are not a physician, even if you try to buy it from a different country. Not only is it illegal, it is extremely dangerous to attempt to purchase fillers or Botox online. There is a very high chance that the products will not be authentic, and most likely will have non-FDA approved ingredients that could cause serious side effects. In addition, injection technique is something that needs to be learned and practiced. Injecting yourself could have serious consequences including permanent disfiguration or worse. It’s always better to visit a board-certified dermatologist for any cosmetic procedures, as you will almost certainly end up spending more to fix a DIY injection than you would to have it done by a licensed, experienced injector in the first place

Needs a physician

Juvederm is tightly regulated an it is not legally available for one to purchase to inject themselves or their relatives.

It is not legal to buy Juvederm or any other filler if you are not a licensed physician.

It is not legal to buy Juvederm or any other filler if you are not a licensed physician, even if you buy it from another country. On top of being illegal, purchasing “Juvederm” online is dangerous, as there is a chance that the product is a knockoff and not authentic, medical grade product. These counterfeit products can be dangerous and have terrible and even life-threatening consequences. Even if by some chance you get a genuine product, self-injection is a bad idea because you don’t know where, how much, or how deep to inject for good results. I strongly suggest finding a board-certified dermatologist for any Juvederm injections.

Mary E. Hurley, MD
Dallas Dermatologist