Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?

I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?

Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true
?"

By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License

I would strongly recommend never doing this. As part of a group devoted to preventing fake and counterfeit products like this entering the US, we don't accept this – and it is against the law to obtain a medicine, which this is, without a proper and intact medical license. Don't do it.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

It is highly unsafe to even attempt to buy and inject your own Botox & Juvederm without a medical license.  It is not only against the law, it is extremely dangerous as the efficacy of the medication and injection technique can not be guaranteed.  See a licensed medical practitioner who is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, no exceptions.

Not legal

This is not a good idea because if you aren't a physician, Juvederm can't be legally sold to you. Anything you buy will be obtained illegally. Juvederm can only be sold to a licensed physician and administered by a medical professional. 

Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?

I am concerned for you.  Even if you could obtain the medications and equipment needed, and I have never heard of someone being able to do that, if you weren't using strictly clean or sterile technique you could get an infection that hides out in the deep tissues of the face and is very hard to eradicate with antibiotics.  You could hit an artery or nerve trunk and get in real trouble with necrosis (death) of skin or nerves, paralyzing a portion of your face, or even causing permanent blindness or stroke.

On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results.  For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision.  I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures.  Actually, the learning never stops.

I was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? You used to do this to your poor mother, too?

*******It is now May, 2016 and I am updating this answer because this post comes up on page 1 of a Google search for buying Juvederm, and I am hoping to dissuade anyone considering injecting themselves from doing something so dangerous and foolish. In just the last few days, I have learned of two individuals who injected themselves with filler and got into real and serious trouble. Please see the real self post below.*********

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Inject Juvederm Yourself

It is a bad idea to inject Juvederm or any filler in yourself for the following reasons:

-it is illegal to purchase filler without a physician license

-many products on Amazon and Ebay are counterfeit and/or may be expired. injecting these products may cause permanent damage to your face or body

-injections, even by experts, can lead to issues such as infections, biofilms as well as vascular occlusions.  there is a learning curve with any product, not to mention, knowledge of valuable anatomy and sterile technique to ensure a safe outcome

-areas for aesthetic enhancement- many times patients come to me without knowledge of just wanting to look younger or fuller lips, where the product is injected and the technique to achieve this is and key locations is critical

The main reason self injectors exist, as well as patients going to nonreputable injectors, is to save money.  However, it is better to spend a little more and achieve a reliable result than spend less and have an inconsistent or even dangerous outcome.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please do not do this

Not only is it illegal for you to buy it and for them to sell it.  Additionally you do not know what you are purchasing and if the product is counterfeit. Please, please do not do this on yourself! 

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Buy juvederm to inject yourself

Hi,

Thank you for your question. It is not legal to buy products that are not FDA approved in USA and it is also not legal to inject yourself if you do not have the qualifications. Injecting yourself is dangerous- you will not be able to appreciate your own 3 dimensions which is crucial for injecting product. If you were to inject a vein or artery, you would not also have hyluronidase to take it out. It is worth paying an experienced provider to inject you for the best and safest results.

Morgan Rabach, MD

Injecting you own Juevederm

This is a unique question. I am not an attorney so I can't advise you on the legality regarding other countries. However, I would strongly advise against injecting you own botox or fillers. Injectors are highly trained, and have knowledge of anatomy. There are areas of the face that can have serious complications if filler or botox is injected in that area. I suggest you have a consultation with a professional injector regarding your cosmetic needs.