Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?

I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?

Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true
?"

By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License

I would strongly recommend never doing this. As part of a group devoted to preventing fake and counterfeit products like this entering the US, we don't accept this – and it is against the law to obtain a medicine, which this is, without a proper and intact medical license. Don't do it.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox and Juvederm

You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Buying your own Botox & Juvederm

It is highly unsafe to even attempt to buy and inject your own Botox & Juvederm without a medical license.  It is not only against the law, it is extremely dangerous as the efficacy of the medication and injection technique can not be guaranteed.  See a licensed medical practitioner who is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, no exceptions.

Not legal

This is not a good idea because if you aren't a physician, Juvederm can't be legally sold to you. Anything you buy will be obtained illegally. Juvederm can only be sold to a licensed physician and administered by a medical professional. 

Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?

I am concerned for you.  Even if you could obtain the medications and equipment needed, and I have never heard of someone being able to do that, if you weren't using strictly clean or sterile technique you could get an infection that hides out in the deep tissues of the face and is very hard to eradicate with antibiotics.  You could hit an artery or nerve trunk and get in real trouble with necrosis (death) of skin or nerves, paralyzing a portion of your face, or even causing permanent blindness or stroke.

On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results.  For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision.  I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures.  Actually, the learning never stops.

i was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? Did you used to do this to your poor mother, too?

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

It is not legal to buy Juvederm or any other filler if you are not a licensed physician.

It is not legal to buy Juvederm or any other filler if you are not a licensed physician, even if you buy it from another country. On top of being illegal, purchasing “Juvederm” online is dangerous, as there is a chance that the product is a knockoff and not authentic, medical grade product. These counterfeit products can be dangerous and have terrible and even life-threatening consequences. Even if by some chance you get a genuine product, self-injection is a bad idea because you don’t know where, how much, or how deep to inject for good results. I strongly suggest finding a board-certified dermatologist for any Juvederm injections.

Juvederm for self injection

In the United States, it is not legal to buy Juvederm for self injection since this requires a medical license.  Obviously, there are many ways to get around this restriction, as is true with any other prescription product, but in no cases would this be legal and in no cases would this be recommended.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Simply a Bad Idea

The authentic injectable products Botox and Juvederm are only sold to physicians with an active medical license in the USA.  Anything else is illegal.

It is certainly possible to buy counterfeit, fake, dangerous products for much less money on the internet but that doesn't mean it is a good idea.  They can look identical, they have even managed to fake the Allergan hologram now.

Botulism toxin is a deadly poison when not quality controlled and dosed correctly.  With the counterfeits, some are 10X, 100X and even higher and can be dangerous.  Some counterfeits may have no active ingredients.  Many counterfeit fillers and toxins are coming from China and the Eastern Europe area.

In order to inject safely, the injector should have expert knowledge of the anatomy of the face and proper training.  Did you know that blindness could occur from a filler if it isn't injected correctly?

I would advise you to reconsider this line of thinking, go to a trained medical professional please.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Are you crazy

Hi

Why in the world do you think this would be a good idea?  Injecting yourself with fillers.  I don't even know how you would do that?  With a mirror?  If you have no training in plastic surgery and injectables how will you have any idea what to do?  There is not an instruction manual that comes with the product.  This is a very dangerous thing you are speaking about and I do not endorse it.