I would like to purchase juvederm and botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?
Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 85
Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
Regarding: "Where Can I Legally Buy Juvederm to Inject my Own Skin?
I would like to purchase Juvederm and Botox for myself. I am not a physician however I heard that if I order it from a different country,such as New Zealand,it is legal.Is this true?"
By law, Botox, Juvederm and other medications are NOT sold to anyone who does not have a license to practice Medicine. If you do buy such items whoever is selling it to you is breaking the law by selling it to a non-physician or by selling you a fake medication. The purchase of Botox and other medications from "over seas" pharmacies is also illegal and any physician injecting a patient with such materials risks Federal penalties and potential loss of his medical license. Finally, injecting yourself with Botox is as intelligent as performing your own appendectomy.
Dr. Peter Aldea
Do Not Do This Without a Proper and Intact Medical License
Buying your own Botox and Juvederm
You can't legally buy these products in the US because you don't have a license to practice medicine, and any product you import from another country can't legally be injected since it hasn't been approved by the FDA.
You might also like...
Buying your own Botox & Juvederm
Should you inject fillers and Botox in your own face?
On a simpler level, no matter how intelligent or careful you are, there is really no possibility of you being happy with the results. For example, I was in school, doing medical research, or in a training program for 27 years before I saw my first dermatology patients withiut supervision. I then studied and was trained in aesthetic procedures for another 5 years, and only then began treating patients with cosmetic procedures. Actually, the learning never stops.
I was trying to see if this question was submitted on April 1st, because I think you are just pulling our legs to make us a little crazy, right? You used to do this to your poor mother, too?
*******It is now May, 2016 and I am updating this answer because this post comes up on page 1 of a Google search for buying Juvederm, and I am hoping to dissuade anyone considering injecting themselves from doing something so dangerous and foolish. In just the last few days, I have learned of two individuals who injected themselves with filler and got into real and serious trouble. Please see the real self post below.*********
Juvederm and botox legally
No, You cannot purchase these products unless you are a licensed physician. Any product that is not coming directly from the manufacturer (Allergan) cannot legally be used in patients here in the US.
Where can I buy Juvederm to inject myself?
There are a number of red flags in your inquiry:
- You're not a physician, yet you want to perform your own injections. This is not wise at all. These are medical procedures that require a lot of experience to be performed well and safely. They are not DIY treatments.
- You want to order outside the US. That is illegal and the FDA is very strict in enforcing this law. If caught, you could face jail time. They take this VERY seriously.
- As these are medical treatments, they can only be sold to physicians, no exceptions! Anyone selling that to you is either breaking the law or selling you fake product or both. this can be very dangerous in terms of safety because you have no idea what you're actually injecting.
- You really should ask yourself why you're even contemplating doing such a thing. There are safety issues and legal issues to consider here. If you really want the treatment, find an expert in facial aesthetics such as a board certified dermatologist to maximize your results while minimizing any side effects. Remember the bitterness of a poor result always outlasts the sweetness of low price!
Make your safety a priority
There are two reasons not to buy juvederm for your own skin
1) you will not be able to get it through an authorized channel in this country; if you are buying from an unverified source, how do you know that you are getting real juvederm? how do you know that it has been stored in good condition and is sterile?
2) there are actually many potential pitfalls to injections. An experienced injector is doing a lot more than thinking about how to make your lips more beautiful; she is also avoiding bad outcomes, such as skin necrosis, blindness, infection.
Fillers and toxins can only be purchased by a licensed physician
Please do not make the error of thinking that fillers and toxins are like makeup or clothing. These are medical devices and drugs that should only be used in a medical setting. In the United States, physicians purchase these products only from the official distributors. Buying products from other countries or distributors risks getting counterfeit product. Use of counterfeit product can lead to lumps, bumps, pain, infection, scarring and even death.
I hope this answer was helpful. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.