Leaking Fat After Bbl for over a Week Now?

I have had a bbl done in Miami, im in chicago. Ive been leaking what my ps says may be fat for over a week. Had I packed at the hospital, it stopped draining for a day, then then fat burst out. The next day it stopped, then began leaking again from the same incision. What should I do, really cant afford to go back to Miami. Oh and the fat looks like oil is mixed in it.

Leaking fat after a BBL for a week. What do I do?

Leakge of fat that looks like oil following the BBL suggests that the fat may have been liquefied. That means the fat cells have broken down and will not survive. What you are describing is probably not infection, although a culture should be taken of the liquid.. Most probably this will be self-limiting although this can take a while. I would suggest that you contact your PS in Miami with and describe what you are experiencing. You should also follow up with a PS in Chicago with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Brazillian Butt Lift Complication

It sounds like you are leaking transferred fat from one of your incisions.  There is also some risk that you may have an infection.  This can get serious.  I highly recommend that you seek consulation from a surgeon locally to help you manage this problem before it gets more serious.  All the best.

Brazillian Butt Lift Complication

Leaking Fat After Brazilian Buttlift

If you have continued leakage from this area, you need to be examined by a plastic surgeon in your area who does a lot of Brazilian buttlifts.  I perform several hundred a year, and I have not seen this.  I typically transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc per buttock.   However, alot of this procedure is technique dependent, but infection or something more serious needs to be ruled out.  I would not waste your money with the ER or the hospital unless an experienced BBL surgeon is working there.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Leaking Fat After Brazilian Buttlift

Leaking fat after a BBL?

I am sorry to hear about your problem. This may be fat necrosis or an infection. It may also be a seroma. Either way, it can be a serious problem and you need to speak to your plastic surgeon. Unfortunately, this may require being seen adn treated by your surgeon in Miami. I know many people travel for this type of procedure and this is OK as long as you understand that complications can occur and may require the time and expense of traveling back to your surgeon. It will liley be difficult to find a local plastic surgeon who is willing to assume the responsibilty of treating you. Call your surgeon.

Leaking fat after a BBL?