If a tooth is pushed back too far, is it possible to correct with veneers? (photos)

I had braces when I was an adolescent, however, they did not remove my wisdom teeth. This later created movement when they grew out and became an issue. The only teeth I want to correct are the two front teeth. I feel that the one tooth may have declined too far back, but wanted to get more opinions before I start going in for consiltations since I have to schedule off work each time.

Doctor Answers 3

One tooth pushed back ... #RealSelf100

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello Jamie,
I would recommend using Invisalign (with teeth whitening) to fix this issue, since your other teeth look so good.  Of course you could have the one tooth crowned to correct it, but based on it's position, you will likely need a root canal first.  I would not recommend a root canal and porcelain crown for a tooth that could so easily be fixed with a simple movement.    Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD
Real Self 100


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
well, if this tooth is that way , it should be an anterior crossbite, from that tooth, so no matter if you put a veneer it will be coming down behind the lower tooth, if this is the case, a veneer would not be the solution, if there are some turbo procedures in orthodontics that can make that tooth come forward, and later on , then you can make veneers,and they will look very natural


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Wisdom teeth eruption never influence front teeth position.  It's coincidental that the wisdoms come in at the same time you have growth in the jaw bones.

You need ortho (I suggest Invisalign) and it's not because of your front tooth but all the top front teeth.
I agree that you'll need a root canal on your dark tooth.

Neville Richter, DDS
Bellevue Dentist

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.