What lasts longer, botox or xeomin?

What lasts longer, botox or xeomin? Thank you

Xeomin VS Botox

Xeomin, Botox, and Dysport are all very similar medications and are typically used interchangeably. 

Take care.

Similar Products for Different Needs

Thanks for your question, Emily k. Many patients have questions about how BOTOX and XEOMIN differ from one another because they're often mentioned together. Dysport is another very similar option. BOTOX, Dysport, and XEOMIN all use the same ingredient, botulinum toxin type A. However, there are small differences in the way these products are formulated, mostly related to their consistencies. Therefore, while some doctors may prefer using one over the others, you can still expect longevity of up to 4 months.

Susan M. Stuart, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox versus Xeomin

Thank you for your question. There haven't been many had to head studies comparing these 2 drugs but extensive evaluation of the available medical literature suggests that there is not a significant difference in duration of effect between these drugs when they are used in appropriate dosages. I would follow the recommendation of your expert injector

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.

They are vary similar and usually last about the time amount of time. Every individual is different on how they will metabolize the product and based on how much was injected will have a lasting effect. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox or Xeomin or Dysport

Most patients when using comparable dosage last equally long when injected with Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport.  What is important is the dosage/units used.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox vs Xeomin

Thank you for your question. In my experience, Botox last little longer than xeomin using the same dosing.    There are however Xeomin sponsored studies that show that they are equivalent in duration 

Botox versus Xeomin Versus Dysport

I feel they all last the same and the lasting effect is based on dosage rather than the material. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox versus Xeomin versus Dysport

There are not differences in treatment duration between most types of neurotoxin. Myobloc, which is not often used has a shorter duration than the others, which is typically 3-4 months in duration. Dysport may settle in faster than botox and give a denser block, but otherwise there are not significant differences between the different products.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs Xeomin

Xeomin and Botox effects will generally last about the same amount of time, up to 4 months typically.  Studies have shown that Xeomin may "spread" into the treated area further and may have a better effect for treatment of crow's feet, for example.

This same characteristic could lead to a higher incidence of side effects if injected by an unqualified injector.

Victor Michalak, MD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox & Xeomin

Basically, Botox and Xeomin last about the same amount of time which 3-4 months. However, I've found that when patients schedule their first few treatments consistently at the 3/4 month mark, their later treatment results can last longer. Hope this helps, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD