Restylane lip fillers; I had 0.5ml of lip filler 3 days ago and since got a really bad sore throat and swollen gums?

hi i had 0.5ml of lip filler 3 days ago and since got a really bad sore throat and swollen gums? is this common and am i ok to take antibiotics and ibuprohen?

Thanks for your query. Restylane fillers don’t cause sore throat and swolen gums, it could be just a coincidence. It is okay to take in antibiotics and ibuprofen as it doesn’t interfere with the injection. Hope it  Helps.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Restylane lip fillers

Hello, and thanks for your question. Sorry to hear you've been having trouble after your injection. This would be a very unusual reaction to Restylane injection. I recommend following up with your physician to determine what's going on. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and lips

Although I am certain you feel there is a connection between the events there is no reason that these problems can be attributed to your lip injection and they should subside very soon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase If Unhappy

There is no reason why your gums or throat would get affected from lip filler alone. This is likely coincidental but please speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sore throat and swollen gums following injection of Restylane

Thank you for sharing your question. You should see your doctor. You might have a coincidental infection. Feel better.  Good luck,