Filler added to my lips (Volbella) 4 days ago. A vbeam was used to help defuse the the large bruise on the bottom lip. (Photo)

Is this a bruise / hematoma? Will it go away? Will the lip / and the skin around it return to normal color? About how long will it take? Anything I can do to speed up the process? I'm using arnica oil and taking bromalein capsules.

Swelling/Bruising (early) from Fillers

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Calgary Dermatologist

Looks like bruising

Bruising can occur with any lip filler and yours will take time to resolve.

Prevention with avoiding aspirin or blood thinners is important.

Volbella and bruising.

This is common, as there are lots of blood vessels surrounding the area. V BEAM can certainly reduce the bruising by up to 3-4 days, however it may take up to 8-10 days before it completely disappears. Al the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Bruising after fillers

Bruising after fillers can definitely happen as there are lots of blood vessels in the lower face and especially around the lip area. These resolve within few days to few weeks and should not leave any permanent changes.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising after volbella

The lips and area around the lips have lots of blood vessels, and some bruising lasting 5-14 days (depending on the size of the vessel hit, whether you are on blood thinners, whether the bleeding is quickly stopped or ice applied day of) is not unusual, and always resolves.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler added to my lips

Most times, bruising is minimal.  Unfortunately, you have a bit of bruising.  Don't worry, it will resolve with no ill effects.  It may take a week or two.

Bruising after lip fillers

Any injections run the risk of bruising.  The lips are obviously quite vascular and bruise easily.  Thankfully, this is a self limited process and should fully resolve in about 2 weeks (depending on how you individually usually bruise).  Did you start the Arnica the night before the injectios and ice after for a day?  These can help minimize bruising.  Also, you can ask about using blunt tip cannula technique for injection.  I have yet to see any bruising from my lip injections using this technique.  It can't be used for everyone in every instance, but for the majority of lip augmentations, it is an excellent technique at diminishes the risk of bruising.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler added to my lips (Volbella) 4 days ago. A vbeam was used to help defuse the the large bruise on the bottom lip.

The posted photo demonstrates the risks in filler injections that cause a sub dermal bleed. Where you on any aspirin or blood thinners? It will take 2 weeks to resolve. Sorry.