Compression after sculpsure?

Will wearing a compression garment be beneficial or harmful after having sculpsure done on lower abs and inner thighs?

SculpSure and a Compression Garment

A compression garment before and after the treatment is unnecessary. The tight compression over the treated area may even increase swelling post procedure. 

Compression garment after Sculpsure

Wearing a compression garment after Sculpsure will not improve your results. The swelling is usually minimal and gentle massage of the swollen areas is all people need to speed up the resolution of that. There should not be any negative effects from wearing one after the procedure, so if it makes you comfortable I see no problem to wear it. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

#Sculpsure

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Compression Garment

Wearing a compression garment after your SculpSure treatment is not required.  There is no improvement gained by wearing a compression garment.  However, if it makes the recovery more comfortable, there is no problem wearing one either. 

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS

SculpSure Compression Garment

Compression garments are not recommended after sculpsure treatment.  It sounds like a good idea but in fact there is no improvement.  Best practices are light massage, continuance of your exercise program and a healthy diet.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. A compression garment is unnecessary because it will not supplement your results. I suggest that follow the instructions with your board certified facial plastic surgeon, which should include resuming normal activities with an emphasis on drinking extra water.  

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure results

Thanks for your question. A compression garment post SculpSure is not needed. I recommend massage as needed and drinking lots of water for optimal results. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure Post Treatment Care

Hi there, 

The best part of SculpSure is that it requires no post operative recovery! Compression garments are not required and are commonly used for liposuction and other body contouring procedures to control post op swelling and bruising.

Patients are encouraged to gently massage the area twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes after their SculpSure treatments. Many people resume normal daily activities including exercise immediately post treatment. Physical activity with proper hydration helps mobilize fat via lymphatic system which promotes the elimination process of the dead fat cells. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure and garments

Compression garments are not required after a sculpture treatment. These garments are needed following a surgical procedure such as liposuction and abdominoplasty. Post sculpture care includes lots of hydration and massage. No other care is required. Results can be seen within 6 weeks.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

No need for compression garments after Sculpsure!

Sculpsure does not require any special after care and thats what makes it so great. No downtime, no surgery, no compression garments and no uncomfortable massage. We want our patients to continue with their daily activities. In fact Sculpsure works best in patients who have active lifestyles with consistent exercise and healthy eating habits.