I had lipo 3 days ago on my banana roll. Scared about butt drop?

I had lipo 3 days ago, as of right now i look fine. I understand that im so swollen, but im scared that the lipo done on my banana roll will make my butt drop. If it was going to drop, would it have already dropped, or is there still a chance it could drop in the next few months? Would it happen right away?

Butt drop after liposuction to banana rolls

A butt drop after liposuction of this area is a possible complication.

It is definitely too soon for you to worry about it as the final result will take 6 months.

I am sure that your surgeon is aware of the risk and would have taken all the possible measures for this not to happen to you.  Usually a superficial liposuction of the area without going to deep with the cannula can reduce significantly the risk.

Best Wishes

Mr Netri

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting – Banana Roll

rolls are usually excess skin. It is unlikely your butt will drop as
the swelling goes down. It will take up to 6 months to see your final
result. If, at that time, you are not happy, please see an expert
for revision. Fat grafting and ThermiRF could help this if you are not happy. I would suggest sculptra injections and RF treatments like exilis at this time (see my IG).  Best, Dr. Emer

Banana roll liposuction - when do problems appear?

Thank you for asking about your banana roll liposuction.
  • At the moment, you are too swollen to judge your final result.
  • You will see an approximation of your result by 6 weeks, and the final result by 6 months.
  • So please let your surgeon know of your concern so s/he can follow your healing with you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Butt drop after banana roll treatment

Butt drop can be a reality after liposuction of the banana roll.  This is usually not completely evident until the swelling has resolved.  But, don't lose sleep over the issue, follow up with your physician to put your mind at ease.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the banana roll

The banana role as the skinfold that forms when patients stand up right as the skin on the upper back of the thigh is pushed together. When patients lean forward just slightly the roll goes away indicating that it's not excess fat but bunched up skin. Because the banana roll it's usually caused by excess skin and often does not respond well to liposuction. If you don't have a butt drop now then it's unlikely you will have one later. More commonly patients simply fail to see impressive results after this procedure. Hopefully you're the exception and you will achieve the results you were looking for. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lipo 3 days ago

Thank you for your question.  My strong advice is to wait a full 4-6 months before considering a final surgical result. Most definitely, you are still swollen 3 days post procedure.  I wish you best of luck.

Lipo to banana roll

3 days out of liposuction surgery is too early to tell or see your final results.  Be patient and remember to follow the post operative instruction given to you by your surgeon.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your surgery.  You are very early in your recovery and at this stage it is difficult to determine your final results.  Try to be patient and follow your surgeon's advice for post operative care to help you achieve optimum results.

Camille Cash, MD