I need a tummy tuck: Since my c-section the belly hangs real low on my upper thigh my legs go to sleep poor circulation.

I tried everything from wraps to gridles will my medicade pay since its fr medical not apperance its dead skin

Medicaid and Tummy Tuck

Medicaid pays for the absolute minimum medical care. It will not pay for cosmetic surgery and attempting to misrepresent information to either Meducaid or Medicare is a frlony punishable by fines and prison time. 

Depending on on the severity, Medicaid MAY pay for removal of the skin overhang. However, this operation, a Panniculectomy or apron resection, is NOT a Timmy tuck. It will not flatten the tummy just remove the overhang and is done to allow people to be better able to wash and clean themselves under the fold. If you are onterested, find out who in your area both performs the operation and is willing to work with Medicaid. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

I need a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately Medicaid will not approve a tummy tuck as they consider all of them to not be "medically necessary" but there is a procedure termed a panniculectomy which can be covered that involves removal of the apron of skin and adipose tissue from your lower abdomen.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to see if you would benefit from such a procedure.  

need a tummy tuck: Since my c-section the belly hangs real low on my upper thigh my legs go to sleep poor circulation.

If you have excess skin, you may be a candidate for an abdominoplasty ( Tummy Tuck). Medicaid is a tax payer funded program to cover medical expenses for qualified Americans who live at or below the poverty line. In the past some of what you describe- may have been considered medically necessary and a covered expense. Today, your situation in most instances- it is not considered a covered expense. I suggest you start saving the money to finance your bodily improvements as well as continue to commit to a healthy lifestyle, which will include daily exercise.