Can tummy tuck and breast implants be done at same time?

I'd like to make an appointment with Doctor joe mlakar for a consultation on a tummy tuck and possible breast implants. Can both be done at same time? I can come in for appt on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday any time. I'd like an appoint as soon as possible.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Implants at the same time

Thanks for your question.  Yes, a tummy tuck and breast implants can most certainly be combined into one surgical time.  Patients will often choose to have these done at the same time to save on anesthesia costs and also to have one single recovery time.  Best of luck to you!

TT and implant

Many patient have surgery on the breast and abdomen at the same time. Recovery is not longer and costs are saved. The risks are also not increased.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation can be done together

Both surgeries can be done together. However, this is not the way to make an appointment. Call the surgeon that you want to see and set up appointment time.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Mommy Makeover NYC

Kelly
Mommy Makeover Surgery is a great way to recover your pre pregnancy body, and carries a high level of patient satisfaction. I tailor each Mommy Makeover procedure to my patients' particular needs. Most include Tummytuck, with or without liposuction to flank and thigh regions and breast lift, with or without implants. It is best to wait at least 6-9 months after your final pregnancy, to allow your body to recover from the pregnancy and allow you to lose as much of the weight gained as possible during that time. If breast feeding, you must wait at least 3-6 months to pass once breast feeding has ceased. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Combined tummy tuck and breast surgery

Hi. Assuming you are fit and well and considered a suitable candidate for both procedures, there is no reason why these could not be combined in to a single surgery - we do this combination quite frequently, which allows for a single recovery. Good luck!

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

It is common to perform breast enhancement and abdominal reshaping during the same surgery. Known as a Mommy Makeover it often includes the placement of breast implants as well as tummy tuck surgery.

Most certainly breast augmentation and tummy tuck may be done simultaneously. We call this a mommy makeover. Keeping the surgical time down to a minimum will decrease your risk of certain complications. 

There are many other factors to consider as well. Pre operative preparation, post operative care and special therapies to heal faster and reduce scarring. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

TT and BA

Yes,  certainly it's possible.   It's safe to combine these two surgeries.  Try to get a evaluation of a certified plastic surgeon. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your excellent question. A form of the mommy makeover, breast augmentation and a tummy tuck can be safely performed together in the same operation. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your candidacy.  

Breast Augmentation/ Tummy Tuck

This combination is very frequently performed together in one surgical setting.  As long as you are healthy and a good surgical candidate, then I would recommend it.  Make sure that you go for a few consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons ( not "cosmetic" surgeons which are usually non plastic surgeons masquerading as ones).  I hope this helps.