3 days ago I injected myself with Juvederm. What should I do? Where I can get help?

3 days ago I injected myself with Juvederm filler.Doing this I was watching video on line.Something went wrong and my face swelling very bad , and also my smiling lines got very dark and bumpy.I am using ice for the past 3 days and Arnicare Gel,but nothing work.I am still in pain and my face look like a balloon.I went Yesterday to the emergency room and got antibiotic but this don't work too.I feel very sick,week and cant eat.

Juvederm bought online, now with problems after self injection

This is obviously a very poor idea. It is unknown exactly what was injected. You need to go to the emergency room to get treated. Antibiotics, steroid, surgical drainage are all possibilities. You need a thorough evaluation by an ENT or Plastic Surgeon.

Self-Injection Disaster`

Respectfully, you do not really know WHAT you injected into yourself. (There is a multi-billion dollar counterfeit market much of it from China dealing with fake medicine which are harming millions. The sale and importation of "fillers" from overseas is strictly controlled and doctors who use such fillers are subject to jail time). Second, you don;t know if the "filler" was really sterile (You could be having an infection). Lastly, you don;t know WHERE or into what structures you injected this product.
Your only recourse is to go to a real ER or a University based ER where a doctor in the know may evaluate you and suggest treatment. The longer you wait, the worse and more irreversible the process may become.
Do NOT throw the packaging and syringe out. Similarly, save all the information and dealings with the person and source of the "filler" you bought since this may be needed in the future in any investigation which gets launched Or it may be needed by any lawyer you may need to hire to recoup money for your future medical care.

Needs an exam

You will need to be examined by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist that can evaluate you and help you.
Dr. Denkler

Filler issue

I am not sure how you could have injected yourself with filler product. Companies would not sell it to you directly.  You need to see an expert injector to be properly evaluated or got to the ER.

Juvederm and Swelling

it seems like you made a big mistake and need to see a cosmetic dermatologist who can evaluate you for any complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm Self-Injection Is Not Recommended

I am very sorry to hear about your experience.  I would advise you to immediately seek professional medical care at your local Emergency Room.  A worsening facial infection may require admission to the hospital for IV antibiotics.  The best course of action can only be determined during an in-person examination by a medical professional.  Hopefully, your symptoms will resolve quickly with appropriate medical care.  In the future, please be sure to receive any dermal filler treatments only from an experienced injector.  Best wishes!

Thank you for sharing your experience and it is imperative that you present to your local ER to be appropriately evaluated by a healthcare professional in addition to a referral with a plastic surgery or dermatology specialist for care.  

Juvederm self-injection

There are many questions raised by your dilemma, and the answers will help whomever you seek for professional help.
First, were the conditions of injection sterile?  Where did you get the needles, and are you sure of their sterility?
Secondly, are you sure you used Juvederm?  There are places which sell counterfeit fillers (and neuromodulators), and this may be a factor in your case.  Be sure to bring the box and any other contents you have with you when you get the complication treated.

I would urge you to return to the ER ASAP and get an urgent referral to the general or facial plastic doctor on call.  Time is of the essence.  Good luck.

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm self injections

Please go to an emergency room without delay. You may want to check before you go and make sure that they have a plastic surgeon or dermatologist on call.

Self injection of facial filler is NOT recommended

It is terrible that someone sold you this product and that you took it upon yourself to inject it in your face. You should go to the emergency room for evaluation immediately and hopefully, a specialist will take you on as a patient and correct the problem. Facial fillers are never sold to non physicians.