Eyeglass dents on nose. Would Juvederm help?

my eyeglasses leave marks and dents on the sides of my nose and I was told by my doctor that I have thin skin on the bridge of my nose, so I was thinking would juvederm injected on the sides of my nose where my eyeglass rest help prevent the dents.

Dends on Nose

I suggest you post photos and see a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation.    Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm for eyeglass dents on nose.

Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus can be injected to correct the depressions. Wearing a lighter pair of glasses will help the correction last longer. Substituting contact lenses, if possible, will prevent pressure on your nose and, thereby, allow some gradual improvement.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Absolutely, and get your glasses adjusted so they do not rest on your nose at all. If you keep on with your heavy glasses they will also hyperpigment your bridge of your nose and make you look older.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for the Nose

Fillers in the nose can definitely improve the appearance of scars or indentations in certain areas. An in person consultation is needed to really assess the area.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your excellent question.  Depending on an in-person examination of your skin quality a good dermal filler can be recommended to improve the dents left on the nose from eyeglasses.  Very little would be needed but will result in substantial improvement.  Hope this helps.

Dents on side of nose from glasses

Filler along the side of the nose may improve the depressions if they were permanent from your glasses.

Dents on the nose

You ask an interesting question. First, if you are getting dents on your nose I would first ask your optician to see if you could get a lighter frame to prevent the dents in the first place.

If your skin is so thin that even very light weight causes a dent, Juvederm may not be the ideal filler. You might want a thinner filler such as Belotero or Restylane. Of course the goal would be not to overfill so when you don't wear the glasse there isn't a lump there.

I would suggest you seek the advice of an experienced injector and you start very slowly, you likely need only a small amount of filler in that area and it would be easy to overfill.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon