Frontalis muscle visible when lifting my brows after Dysport. (Photo)

I received Dysport injections to my forehead two days ago. I know it is still soon and I haven't seen my final results, but I'm a little concerned by the visible/prominent muscles in my forehead. I did some research, and it looks like my Frontalis muscles are protruding when I raise my brows. Will this go away or do I need more injections, or, is it too soon to tell? Thank you for your professional opinions in advance.

Dysport in Frontalis Muscle

Hi there, 

I agree it is a bit early to be concerned. Dysport can take up to two full weeks to see the final results. At that time, the Frontalis muscle will completely relax and the lines will soften. If there is any concern past that point, I recommend speaking to your injector for touch up. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Seattle Physician

Frontal recruitment after Dysport

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Unfortunately, it is too early to tell. I recommend giving it about 2 weeks before assessing your final result. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Frontalis muscle visible when lifting my brows after Dysport.

You are exactly right that it is still too soon. Even though Dysport has already started to work, it will may take a full 2 weeks to reach it's maximum effect. There can be changes/softening up until that point, so try to wait it out. If at 2 weeks, you want to make any changes, that would be a good time to go back in for a possible touch-up. Best, 

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your inquiry. It is definitely to soon to tell. It typically takes 3 - 4 days to see results and for full effect up to 14 days. Wait at least 2 weeks before returning to see your physician for a follow up appointment. Your surgeon will advise on best course of action. Be patient your issue should resolve on its own. Regards,

Frontalis muscle visible after Dysport

Hello, Thank you for sharing your question.  You are correct that it is too soon to tell if you need an additional injection of Dysport.  It takes approximately 10 days to set where you can then see the full result.  If after about two weeks you can see uneven movement in your forehead when you animate the muscle, then you may need more Dysport.  Please be aware that if too many units are added to the muscle you may see drooping in your brows.  Consult with the doctor that performed the injection after the two weeks has passed if you still have an issue.  Best wishes, Dr. B.

A.K. Bhattacharya, MD, FACS
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Dysport timing

It is too soon to receive additional injections and/or determine if your initial injections/dosage were appropriate for your desired result.  Wait 10 to 14 days and get re-evaluated by your licensed professional at that time.

Dysport Injection Results

This is the dysport starting to work in some areas and not in others. I suggest you see an expert after 10-14 days to determine what is best and if touchups are needed.  DO NOT get more injected at this time. Dr. Emer.

Dysport muscle effects?

Hi and thanks for sharing! It's too early at two days to say this will be a final result issue. The muscle in the photo may still relax, and certainly, by two weeks it should be improved. However, at two weeks since your injection, if it is not fully improved then you should visit your injector for an evaluation. Additional Dysport can be injected if necessary! Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Dysport To Forehead

Although Dysport can start to work in 2-3 days, it can take up to 2 weeks for full effect. You should return to see your injector in 2 weeks and compare your before and after photos. More Dysport can be added at that time if needed. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Frontalis muscle visibility

Thanks for the question.  As is often the case with a cosmetic procedure or surgery you are looking at the treated area much more than you did in the past.  The key to seeing whether or not this is an issue is to look at a photo of your forehead with your brows raised before the Dysport.  If you are able to find one with your brows elevated you will probably notice that the borders of the frontalis muscle were visible even before the Dysport.  It is too soon to tell whether or not more injections are needed but more injections can be used to soften the visibility of the frontalis.  I would wait until at least one week after the previous treatment.   A word of caution; aggressive treatment of the frontalis muscle resulting in brow ptosis is the most common cause for dissatisfaction with Botox and Dysport.  I cannot see your brows on the photo but if they are already low be very conservative on treating the frontalis because overdoing it will drop your brow.