Will I go back to normal when dysport wears off?

My eye brows have dropped after dysport injections to a mean face and even more wrinkles between brows do to dropped skin on my fore head. does this go away when the product wares off? how long does it take?

Dysport Duration

Fortunately, this result is not permanent.  You will return to a 'normal' state once the product that was injected wears off.  Dysport's duration is usually 3 to 4 months.  However, it is common that even before those 3 to 4 months you will start seeing an improvement in the raise of your brows and a softening of your "mean face".

Dyspor Longevity

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry to hear about your experience. Dysport as well as Botox typically lasts 3 - 4 months. Once the product wears off your muscle activity should return to normal. Best of Luck,

Will I Go Back To Normal After Dysport Wears Off?

The short answer to your question is YES.
Dysport, like Botox, is made up of an attenuated Botulism toxin which temporarily paralyzes muscles in the region it is injected into by inhibiting neuro transmitters from sending messages to muscles from nerve endings.  All that mumbo jumbo means it freezes specific muscles so they won't work.  From your description, it appears that forehead muscles were paralyzed allowing skin to drop, increasing the number of lower forehead wrinkles giving you as you stated "a mean face".  
I am sorry you are going through this.  Normally, Dysport will work anywhere from 3-6 months, and therefore it may take that long for the wrinkles and/or the mean face to subside.  

Dysport has natural looking results, more than half of patients see improvement in just 2 days, last up to 4 months at a time!  Minimal downtime after receiving Dysport. I hope this helps you on your journey:)!

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

Dysport Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with Dysport. The great news about this treatment is that it only last 3-4 months. Results can also last less time depending on the dosage, the lower the dosage the faster your muscles will recover. Hang in there! Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport and Happiness

Dysport will stay for 2-4 months but it should begin to resolve 4-6 weeks after treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I am sorry that you have had this unfortunate experience. Whenever thinking about any type of injectables, please make sure to do your homework and make sure that you are going to a very experienced injector. The results will wear off and will return back to normal, usually within 3-4 months. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Not happy with Dysport injection

Keep in mind that this is not a product related problem. This is all due to the injector. It too much is placed in forehead or it is not placed properly, this can happen. Sometimes, further injections can help the situation. A mean face is sometimes related to the inner brow dropping. Trying to raise the medial and lateral brow with injections there can help. Otherwise, it will take up to 3-4 months for this problem to resolve back to where is was prior to injections. This will always get better.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Dysport effect, duration

Thanks for your question. You should certainly contact your injector with your concerns, but a few general comments: The forehead muscles lift the brows, so when relaxed by any botulinum toxin, especially if the dose was more than light, some brow depression can occur. This will be worse if the glabella, between the brows, was not injected because that muscle group pulls down and can ' take over' when the competing forehead muscles relax. From your description it sounds like you might be affected in this way. Although it can improve some over the course of a few weeks, the effect may not be totally gone for several months. Your best course of action may be to speak with your injector, wait a few weeks if you havent already, and consider additional injection (glabella, depressor supercilli, and brow lift/orbicularis region) to balance things out. Other treatments to consider for forehead wrinkles like microneedling or fractinal skin resurfacing can be considered in the future.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician