Is peeing blood a normal side effect of coolsculpt? Should I see my primary care doctor?

Is peeing blood a side effect of coolsculpt? Should I seek further medical advice? I had procedure 7 days ago, peed blood and chunks of tissues the day after. Was treated for UTI based on the blood in my urine but the culture came back today as negative for UTI.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells.  For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly."  That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area.  It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body.  Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body.  It won't just "go straight" to one area.  

The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting.  You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it.  I have done it to myself and my staff.  It is truly effective and has no down time.

urinading blood is not a known side effect of coolsculpting. 

Best of Luck, Sheila Nazarian

Side effects of Coolsculpting

As far as I know, blood in the urine is not a side effect of CoolSculpting and you should see your primary care doctor or go to an urgent care facility as soon as possible. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is not the cause of the blood in your urine.  Please see your primary care doctor or a urologist for an evaluation.  Best wishes.

Blood in the Urine

The Coolsculpting machine will not cause blood in the urine. Your primary care physician or internist should be consulted.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Blood in urine after Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting would not cause blood in the urine or any noticeable changes to the urine. Though unrelated to the procedure, you clearly need to follow up with your primary care physician to determine the cause of your symptoms.  Best of luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting should not cause blood in the urine.

Your CoolSculpting procedure is very unlikely to be the culprit here. I would recommend that you schedule a check up with your primary care physician as soon as possible.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Blood in urine following CoolSculpting

For many people who wish a non-surgical means to reduce fat, CoolSculpting has been quite helpful. Physician evaluation is required as the risk are minimal but not "0%". 

Blood in the urine is NOT an expected complication following CoolSculpting. It is an indicator that another concern needs to be addressed. Please obtain a urgent evaluation with your Primary Care Physician to refer you to a Urologist or UroGynecologist. Review with them what medications, supplements and history your family may have had with blood in urine.

I wish you well!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Blood in urine not related to CoolSculpting

The blood in your urine is not related to your CoolSculpting treatment. You probably have something else going on. You should make an appointment with your primary care physician for a further evaluation.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Blood in urine

The blood in your urine is not related to the coolsculpting treatment. Please have this problem evaluated further. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and possible side effects

Blood in the urine is not something that is known to be related to Coolsculpting. I would call your PCP and have them run a urine analysis to further work it up. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon