Does Cool Sculpting work on upper back and arms?

I have been reading about upper back fat and many experts say that the fat on that area it's very hard to get rid of it will cool sculpting will help on that because I also read some reviews of plastic surgeons said that even with liposuction makes it hard to get rid of that kind of fat. I want to hear more opinions on that because I was thinking my self to get cool sculpting in that area. But I'm afraid that it may not work and I will end op loosing my money.

Stubborn Areas of Fat: Will CoolSculpting work?

CoolSculpting is a wonderful non-invasive, non-surgical procedure that can be effective in treating stubborn fat. Using CoolSculpting to treat the upper back and arms can be done and can be effective, keeping in mind that these areas are considered "off label". As a practitioner, it is difficult to "guarantee" results for any treatment, especially if I have not seen and assessed the patient myself. However, I will say that all of my patients that have gotten CoolSculpting at my practice are happy with the results and many want to treat more areas of the body. The upper back and back of the arms can be difficult areas to target so it may be beneficial to consider a combination treatment of lipo with CoolSculpting after recovering from surgery. It would be best to make a consultation appointment at a board certified plastic surgeon's office near you to discuss your specific concerns. 

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting on upper back and arms

CoolSculpting has given us an applicator, (the CoolMini), that can be used in the bra fat area on the back, the area by the armpit, the knees, and under the chin. Folks are very excited about this. We have used it in our office and have very nice results. Best to talk with your well trained, experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that does CoolSculpting and Surgery. They will have the options for you. Tell them what your reasonable goals are. Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting on upper back and arms

Coolsculpting is a procedure that selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. While treatment on the back and arms is considered an off label use of the machine, it has been effective in some patients. The only for you to know if you are a candidate is to undergo a physical examination.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting on upper back and arms

While not approved for these areas by the FDA, Coolsculpting can be effectively used for upper back and arm fat. The patient must be ideal and the protocols for these areas are still being defined.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting on upper back and arms

We have had excellent results on the arms with Coolsculpting.  I'm not certain what area you're referring to when you say your upper back.  I will say that again, we have had great results with Coolsculpting for the bra-fat and fat on the lateral aspects of the back.  To find out if you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting in these areas, it is best to have a consultation so you can be properly evaluated.  Best of luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting Helps With Less Risk

CoolSculpting is an option for people who do not want surgery. The beauty of CoolSculpting is that there is no downtime, and the worst thing that will happen is ... nothing — you will get no result. That is not true with liposuction. There is downtime, and you may (and probably will) get some rippling and dimpling in the treated areas, especially in the upper back area where the fat is more fibrous. CoolSculpting now has the CoolSmooth applicator, which can be used on the areas that are fibrous, in order to get a reasonable fat reduction. Because the treatment is not as aggressive as liposuction, it will probably not get you the same amount of fat reduction. Thanks for your question!

Louis C. Cutolo, Jr., MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for back and arms

In our practice, we have effectively used CoolSculpting for the back and arms.  Keeping in mind, as mentioned below, that these are "off label" uses of the device.  The best way to determine if you are a good candidate is to be evaluated by a CoolSculpting provider. Typically, "pinchable" fat responds the best to CoolSculpting treatments.  As with any non surgical procedure for fat reduction, results can not be guaranteed; however, must people can expect a 20-25% fat reduction with each treatment performed.  Best of luck with your research!  CoolSculpting is a great technology that can yield excellent results in the right patient.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting on upper back and arms

Coolsculpting is a fabulous way to treat the abdomen, love handles, and flanks. Coolsculpting works extremely well on upper back fat. The new cool fit adaptor was designed for the inner thighs or upper arms. Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has even using coolsculpting for years for the best cosmetic results. 

Michele S. Green, MD

CoolSculpting for Upper Back and Arms

CoolSculpting is a great option for the upper back, bra area, and arms. It is important to see a CoolSculpting expert to get the best results. 

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Upper Back and Arms

With new applicators, CoolSculpting can now effectively treat the upper back and arms. Stubborn fat deposits in these areas of the body can be difficult to treat with diet and exercise alone. Make sure you see a CoolSculpting expert for your upper back and arm treatment. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon