How Many Areas Can a Full Juvederm Syringe Cover?

How far does a full syringe of Juvederm go? Would I have enough for my smile lines, top and bottom lip, and the crease in my chin?

The best way to get your answer-- evaulation by a board certified plastic surgeon.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
One syringe of Juvederm is 1 ml of the product. The amount of “territory” that can cover depends on the depth of the wrinkles you want to treat and the amount of enhancement you desire of the lips. Typically upper and lower lips alone require 1 syringe depending if you just need the corners of the mouth, or if the nasal labial folds (the parenthesis) need filling in too.If you try to stretch 1 syringe out to too many areas, you will not get enough effect anywhere and most likely be dissatisfied by the results. The best answer is to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who can assess your specific situation and come up with a plan that can adequately address your concerns in the most cost effective way possible.

Bounce for your ounce

Hi there,

What you are going to get out of 1 syringe (1ml) filler depends on a number of factors, most importantly the depth of the defect to be filled and the type of filler that is going to be used for the purpose.  Juvederm comes in a variety of product thicknesses (from runny to pretty solid), according to the procedure that it is used for.  So for example, lips need a softer filler than cheeks (which need volume rather than softness) and under the eyes need a very runny filler (otherwise this can go lumpy and swell).  On the flip side, using the wrong filler for the job will either end you up with bad results or lacking results; for example, using a runny filler to fill deep creases will not likely end you up with much of a result at all.

In terms of how far you can spread a syringe, well that is a matter of debate.  I always advise my patients that I will not start treatment if I think they don't have the budget to see a result.  I also don't perform "by the syringe" treatments.  This is because it inevitably ends in an argument over results ("I paid for one syringe and can't see the result...", or "I paid £x for 2 syringes and can't see the result..."). An experienced and competent practitioner will always assess the face, and charge you for the RESULT.  This way it is really none of your concern how many syringes are used, and it's up to the aesthetic doctor to deliver the result that has been agreed between the both of you and aligned with both of your expectations which have been discussed at your consultation.  I have treated cases that have required in excess of 10ml (10 syringes) of filler for a full facial volumisation.  

I haven't seen you so can't advise exactly how far 1ml would serve you, but I would always advise to research a good aesthetic doctor, go for a comprehensive consultation and go with their professional opinion if it is right for you.

Hope this helps!

MJ x

How much bang for my Vial

How much can be treated with a vial will depend on several factors: Age, Depth of wrinkle, facial size, smoking, sun damage, previous treatment, and weight loss.  In a young patient with minimal wrinkles who just wants a little filling I may be able to treat the lips and corners of the mouth and a little in the nasolabial folds with one vial.  However, another patient with more sun damage who is a little older or who has lost significant amounts of weight may take 2-3 vials or more to get the desired correction in just the nasolabial folds.  If you try to do too little to an area you will frequently be disappointed by the result.  Sometimes I will tell patients that we can make a nice start with 2 vials but it may take 3-4 vials to get more complete correction.  How much you use will depend on how significant the deformity is and how great of a correction you desire.  When you go to a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience they should be able to give you a pretty good recommendation based on a thorough exam as to what areas can be treated and what kind of result you should be able to expect and how much it will take to treat the desired areas.  Best of luck on your journey

Jonathan Amspacher, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

The number of syringes needed for a good correction

Most Juvederm products are is sold in 1 ml. syringes. The number of syringes needed to correct different areas depends on the severity of the volume loss and the Juvderm product used. Juvederm Volbella often used for fine lines around the lips comes in syringes of .5 ml. Out of one syringe it would be difficult to fill in wrinkles on the upper, lower lip and have some left for other areas. Other Juvederm products like Juvederm Ultra XC are more volumizing and out of one syringe I can correct a larger area.  This product however may be too volumizing for fine lines around the mouth. Only after a consultation and evaluation of the severity of your wrinkles one can tell you what is the best product and the number of syringes needed to do a good correction.

Anca Tchelebi-Moscatello, MD
Mount Kisco Hair Restoration Surgeon

Too many areas for one syringe

Thank you for your question, This is in fact a common question. A syringe of filler is 1mL of filler. It sounds like not much but we can do a lot with it. In order to avoid the overfilled look, the modern and state of the art techniques of using filler is to place a little bit in various places. How much and where is what separates the good injector from the excellent injectors. Having said all of that, 1mL of filler is not enough to create a noticeable difference in all these locations. You can start with one and build on it over time 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD

Depends depends!

if you're trying to save cost, the better solution might be to choose a different filler other than Juvederm. 

Depending on your anatomy, how much volume you have lost, and more importantly how much correction you want, your filler needs will change.

Jvederm  is this soft filler and does not provide much feeling as compared to some of the other fillers such as Voluma or Lyft. Juvederm ultra plus  it's also another great way to be able to get the most out of one syringe! 

Of course, another great trick is to put the right amount of product in the right place to be able to correct the  anatomical changes. Often fillers can be placed above or below the falls to be able to render much better results. You never want to use fillers to "fill in the holes", but rather to use it to shape your natural anatomy. 

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Juvederm syringe coverage

Thank you for your question. It is hard to give you a precise answer without any photograph or evaluation. However it all depends on which area you are getting injected and also how much volume you lack in the area to be treated. A smaller amount at the beginning is better. One syringe would usually be good for lip augmentation. I recommend being evaluated with an expert to determine the best treatment plan for you. All the best!

Hardik Soni, MD (not currently practicing)
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

One syringe of Juvederm

That all depends what area you are getting done and the amount of volume loss you already have.   One syringe is usually good to treat the lips or NLF.  You'll need to present some pictures to be able to tell.   Good luck! 

Juvederm

Most clients need between 1-2 syringes to achieve their desired look, but some require more. The way to truly determine how many syringes you need would be to have a face to face consultation with your provider.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

How much area can a syringe of Juvederm cover?

Good question. There are many factors involved in answering this question for you. The anatomy of your face, and where you are wanting injections. I would suggest being evaluated and the provider can give you specific answer based upon you anatomy.