Jowls Returned 2 Months After Lower Face Lift, What Can I do Now?

I had a lower face and neck lift September 2011. I looked good for 2 months. Now my jowels are back. What can I do?

When jowls return after a face/neck lift, then either liposuction or a tightening needs to be done.

It is unusual for jowls to return after a face/neck lift unless you gained a lot of weight or the muscle wasn't redraped enough or liposuction needed to be done. Either way  it is easily corrected under local anesthesia so see your doc and he/she can fix it . If you want to see someone else then expect to pay roughly $6000 for a good face/neck lift under local or $2500 for lipo of the jowls. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Jowls not addressed

If the jowls were tightened up correctly with a High SMAS procedure, they usually stay that way for many years.  You may need a revision facelift to address your concerns.

Face lift

Jowles coming back after 2 months of face lft can be

1: jowles not addressed

2; What ever was done did not hold

3: herniated buccal Fat simulating jowles

Recurrent jowls after a facelift

There are so many different techniques all under the name "facelift" that we can't know what exactly was done.  Your jowls should have been taken care of ideally so the best plan is to go back to your doctor, review pre and postop photos and discuss what can be done.  Hopefully they will honor their work and help you out if something more can be done. 

Local Anaesthetic Lower Facelift

It is very untypical for jowls to return after a facelift unless it was only the skin which was targeted and not the muscle.  This can be corrected under local anaesthetic, to achieve a contour jowl and neck line.  A good surgeon will normally charge anything from £8,000-£10,000 for a facelift and necklift.

I have pioneered my Concept™ facelift which is suitable for men and women who wish to reduce sagging in the lower face (jowls) and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance. The procedure is less invasive than a traditional facelift and there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period. This innovative procedure combines the latest surgical techniques with the use of local anaesthetic to dramatically reduce the risks associated with traditional facelifts, while significantly reducing the bruising and downtime of your recovery, from months to a matter of days.

What are the benefits of the local anaesthetic Concept™ Facelift?

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results
All The Best

Jowls are back after facelift

This is usially an issue of SMAS plication. You should visit with your plastic surgeon because only he/she knows about the laxity of the SMAS.

Jowls Returned 2 Months after Facelift

This issue may be improved with suspension of the deeper tissues with SMAS plication, but, if this was done the first time,  there may be a great deal of tissue laxity.  Only the plastic surgeon knows what was done and how lax the tissues are.  Kenneth Hughes, MD facelift Los Angeles, CA

Jowls and facelift

Dear Leslie,

• Please let your plastic surgeon know
  • Your options include some injectibles, liposuction, or revision lifting, but you should know what your options are
  • Jowls can come back after all the swelling resolves

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for further options.  In our practice when a face lift is performed the muscles and skin are lifted and sutured not just skin.  After two months most of your swelling is gone and this is why you may be noticing your jowels have returned. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Recurrent jowls after facelift.

Recurrent jowls after facelift should be addressed by your surgeon since he knows what he did. Your jowl area can have swelling but should not look as before after having a facelift.