Which dental crown color is whitest, without looking fake? (photos)

When choosing crowns from the below set (I believe this is lava crowns), do you suggest M1-0 or M1-0.5. I will be having crowns placed across my top bridge (#4 through #13 if it matters) and I would like bright, super white teeth- as white as possible without being fake. Thank-you for your thoughts!

Fake look of veneers is NOT due to color

I have placed veneers that were extremely fake white, yet still look real.  This is due ENTIRELY to the talent of the lab technician, who can blend shades and translucencies to make things look natural.  A monochromatic material (single shade) will ALWAYS look fake, no matter which shade chosen from a tab.  

Find a dentist that uses a GREAT lab.

Selecting white shade for dental #crown #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Your skin tone should be taken into account when selecting your tooth shade. Just because a shade looks great on the shade guide or on someone you know, doesn't mean it will look the same on you. It may look lighter or darker depending on your skin tone. I would suggest using the shade guide with your dentist to choose a shade for your new crowns. This will help you to determine which shade your teeth are now and which shade you would like them to be. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Whitest color for dental crown

The color of the corwn will depend of the natural color of your teeth. Most of the time people decide to do a teeth whitening before putting a crown or veneers and them selected so i recommended you to do a teeth whitening and them select the same color for the other teeth because it can look more fake having just part of your teeth whitest than the other ones. An sthetic dentistry ould help you really good with that. 

Good luck!

Yocasta Caba, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Whitest color

There is more to shade selection than just looking at a shade tab.You need to consider your skin tone and lip color. Additionally the artistic talents of the lab technician are important. The technician's ability to make a restoration that has vitality and life to it is just as important as the base color chosen. It is common for people to err on the side of teeth that are too white. I suggest looking at before and afters from your dentist and discuss their opinion about the best color choice to fulfill your desires.