Can two different dentist complete my crown procedure?

I went the dentist because my tooth chipped. They drilled it down and put a temporary crown on it. The temp crown fell off the first night. I went back yesterday and it has fallen off again. I do not want to go back to that dentist and I do not want them to complete the procedure because my temp crown keeps falling off, I doubt their work.

#Crown procedure #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
My advice for you would be to return to your dentist to have your temporary crown put back on, and I would recommend speaking with your dentist about your concerns. Often times, the worst thing to do is to cut off the lines of communication with your dentist because you are upset. I understand that returning to your dentist to have your temporary put back on can be frustrating, but a temp crown is just that, temporary.  They are made to come off fairly easily.  Stay away from sticky foods and don't floss in an upward motion around your tempory. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Multiple Dentist Crown Procedure

Yes, two different dentists can complete your crown procedure. However, for consistency, it is best to stay with the dentist who started it. 

Kathy Zahedi, DDS
Santa Monica Dentist