My temp crown looks ugly! Who should put crown in?

My temp crown looks bad. Not sure who suppose to put crown dentist or dent assisntant. But for me dent assistant did. Hope my permanent bruxzir crown dentist will put in place.

Temp crown

Hello Selenalee,
A temporary crown is merely to hold the space, protect the tooth, and prevent any sensitivity while the final Crown is being fabricated. Many times a temporary crown does not feel or look like the permanent crown. Please ask your dentist to see the permanent crown on your tooth before it's cemented, and I think this will eliminate any issues you may have with the look and feel of your permanent crown.

In Texas, a dentist must adjust and cement the permanent Crown. It is not allowed for the assistant to adjust or permanently cement the permanent crown.

Douglas Jopling,  DDS
Dallas, TX area

Permanent Crown

The temp crown will not look anything like the permanent crown.  It is perfectly acceptable to ask the dentist to insert the crown and get their opinion.   If you want to look at the crown prior cementation make sure to ask.  

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist