It's been a year since I broke my nose, can I still fix my slanted/broken nose? (photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 10
Can I still fix my nose after I broke it?
Fixing a broken nose
If it has been longer than 2 weeks, the bones then start to heal and are not as easily moved around. In that case, I prefer to wait at least 3 months before trying to surgically move them. The appearance of a "slanted" nose can certainly be improved as can a bump. Often a portion of the cost of this surgery would be covered by insurance as it is correcting a post-traumatic injury, although this would best be determined by a complete evaluation.
I actually broke my nose and had it repaired several years later. The most uncomfortable part for me was having a little packing in the nose for 2 days. After that was removed, the nose started feeling better pretty quickly.
You might also like...
Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose, etc.
Rhinoplasty for broken nose repair
It's been a year since I broke my nose, can I still fix my slanted/broken nose?
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA
Crooked Nose Secondary to Nasal Trauma
Broken nose and rhinoplasty
- If you broke your nose over a year ago, you can still get it fixed and straightened
- We call it an open reduction of a nasal fracture
- Incisions are inside the nose, and we can remove the bump at the same time
- The procedure does not hurt, even afterwards when you are healing
- The cost varies, and it will likely be in the 3-5K range
- If you have health insurance, they may cover a nasal fracture repair
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.