What is the best treatment for seborrheic dermatitis and rosacea on the face?

I changed dermatologists,as i have been having no improvement in my skin. She told me i have seborrheic dermatitis as well as rosacea. Protopic has been prescribed for the seb derm but i am apprehensive about using this as it has very bad side affects. What is the best treatment i should start? Would nizoral shampoo work on the face? I am so sad now as nothing is working for me, and i have had this flare for five months now.I have seen two dermatologists and had no results.

Lasers vs topicals for rosacea.

Seb dermatitis can be treated with other medications apart from Tacrolimus, the problem is that you have two conditions, and having rosacea may make your skin more sensitive to creams and shampoos. I suggest combination therapy using lasers, creams, and anti - inflammatory tablets (short term). Really hard to give you accurate advice without close examination . All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis

Sorry you are having so much difficulty.  are you sure you are seeing board certified dermatologists?  at any rate, Nizoral shampoo would help the seborrheic dermatitis on the face and there is very good treatment for rosacea addressing the blood vessel issue. but there are a number of types of rosacea and they respond differently to treatment

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist