What are the risk for tracheal shave surgery to reduce Adams apple?

I am a female about to do tracheal shave surgery to reduce Adams apple appearance and I was wondering is there any risks that can happens like weakening the area or neck supports? I know this may sound funny but I am just curious what risk can this hold. some doctor are not aware of this surgery in my area and they seem reluctant and not recommending me going after it and I am travelling to do it and I want to know.

Tracheal shave for reduction of adams apple

Thanks for you question.
Tracheal shave is usually a safe procedure in the right hands for the right indications.
Dr sajjadian

Tracheal shave (Adam's Apple Reduction) risks.

Tracheal shave has very minor risks in experienced hands. I have done this operation on hundreds of patients over 35 years without infection, bleeding, voice or airway problems. Some patients may get a slightly thicker scar but this is very uncommon in the neck in my experience.

Risks with tracheal shave

Hi, 

Risks with tracheal shave are fairly low, but injury to the vocal chords or infection are always a possibility. However, finding a surgeon that has performed this before will help lessen that possibility. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Laryngeal shave

The risks are small, but like in any surgery, it must be performed skillfully. One could interfere with vocal cord function or possibly damage a nearby nerve but if your surgeon is experienced this risk should be rare.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Tracheal shave

Tracheal shad should be always done while observing directly the larynx and the vocal folds while removing the extra cartilage of the voice box. The patients stays in the hospital for observation overnight. The scar is hidden in a crease under the chin so it usually is not a problem

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tracheal shave, Adam's apple reduction

The risks for tracheal shave include
1: scar
2: swelling
3: difficulty swallowing, due to swelling
4: Changes in voice.
5: difficulty breathing