Infected incision behind ear? (photo)
Doctor Answers 12
Post ear wound separation
Red incison behind ear
I think that this will heal up just fine. It is important that you see your surgeon a bit more frequently so that it continues to go in the right direction and the redness doesn't worsen....which would in that case certainly make you worry about infection.
Consider adding an oral antibiotic as well
You might also like...
Infected incision behind ear?
It looks like you have some inflammation around the scar after your facelift.
Always contact your surgeon with concerns of infection
Infection behind ear after face lift
- The picture suggests you have delayed healing, perhaps a suture reaction behind your ear,
- it does not look like infection,
- hibiclens and any ointment are likely to make it worse,
- call your Plastic Surgeon to be seen earlier,
- In the meantime, clean it gently with water and cover with a moist gauze twice a day. Dry skin takes longer to heal.
Infection after a facelift
It is extremely uncommon to develop an infection after a facelift. From your photo it appears that you have some superficial desquamation, mild skin loss. This should heal uneventfully. See your plastic surgeon for proper care.
Facelift incision infection
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.