I had teeth extracted 3 years ago. Is it possible to get implants after 3 years?

Implants after Extractions

20 years ago, it would have been far more difficult, if not impossible, to replace your missing teeth after three years, but thanks to modern dentistry you can have new teeth with dental implants that are just as strong as your natural teeth provided you have enough bone support.

Even if you don’t have sufficient bone support, bone grafting procedures often make implant placement successful. I highly recommend that you see a specialist who has extensive experience planning complex tooth replacements. Seeing a dental implant placement specialist can help you evaluate your situation and will give you a clearer picture of the entire procedure, a timeline, and a budget. Good luck!

Redondo Beach Dentist

Implants after extraction

You can definitely still do implants, provided there is enough bone to support it. Typically, it is best to place implants soon after an extraction to retain as much bone as possible. So don't delay any further, get evaulated by a qualified dentist and specialist as soon as you can to determine the next step!

Good luck!

Mufaddal Kapadia, DDS
Westlake Village Dentist

Implants after extractions

As long as there is sufficient bone, there is no time limit on when implants may be placed.  If the bone is somehow deficient in quantity or quality, bone grafting procedures are often times possible to make implant placement possible.  I recommend that you schedule an appointment with a dentist who will evaluate you and refer you to an oral surgeon if they do not place implants or perform bone grafting procedures.  Don't be discouraged by having waited 3 years, modern dentistry has so many great things to offer in this situation.

Douglas Jopling, DDS
Dallas, TX area