Is the usage of 5% minoxidil topical lotion completely safe for long term permanent eyebrow growth? (photo)

My eyebrow are neither too thick nor too thin . I am happy with its shape even though I've never indulged in any particular grooming other than filling it up with brown liner. But my concern is that it is too thin ,almost negligible in d inner corner where my eyebrows supposed to start naturally. Therefore it appears as if the beginning section of my eyebrow is missing and it deeply affects the aesthetics of my face also considering the fact that I have bigger eyes.

Latisse and Eyelash/Eyebrow Growth

I suggest using Latisse on the eyebrow instead of minoxidil. This may take longer to provide results, when being compared to eyelash growth, so use the product twice daily. Best, Dr. Emer

Minoxidil for eyebrows

there is no study that shows minoxidil is effective for eyebrow and it is not recommended for eyebrow. Some people may chose to use it but it is not recommended. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Topical minoxidil for brow loss

Minoxidil could help. Be sure to get blood tests first to make sure they are normal and to have a dermatologist examine the brows up close.If normal blood tests are found and normal exam, minoxidil is a good starting point. As you have indicated use is likely lifelong but it does depend a bit on the actual diagnosis. You can review the safety issues in full with your dermatologist. Minoxidil can cause a bit more loss in the first 2 months and rarely causes headaches and dizziness. It can sometimes trigger excessive facial hair growth. As your dermatologist will also tell you, this medication must never be used in pregnancy.