Will my hair grow back after being sliced by a razor? (Photo)

A barber I went to was using a straight razor and managed to cut me big time after shaving off my hair. Will my hair grow back in this area?

Shaved head

Hi there,Just based on your picture, I would say it seems like it will be ok. Scar tissue will definitely affect hair growth. But from the looks of this particular case, you should be just fine. I hope this helps

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

There is a possibility that hair growth will not return to this particular area. You can try injections of PRP and progesterone to the area or even latisse, but often hair transplantation is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer

Razor cut

If you just cut your hair, it will grow back. IF you cut your skin and there was a separation of the skin that did not get sutured up, then it might now grow back.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon