What kind of doctor do I schedule a consultation/exam for in order to obtain a prescription for Propecia?

I am currently a 26 year old male who is uninsured, however I want to take the steps to deal with a receding hairline as soon as I can, I was looking to schedule an out of pocket consultation with a doctor to obtain a prescription for Propecia. I do not have a General Doctor, or one that I visit regularly, what kind of specialist would I be most apt to schedule with? I considered a CVS Minute Clinic, though a NP would be able to prescribe I do not know if they would be willing to do so.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Who prescribes Propecia?

Many medical practioners prescribe finasteride (Propecia). Call ahead if you are not sure. Options include:1. family physicians2. dermatologists3. hair transplant physicians