In-office Breast Lift Revision?

Is it reasonable to think that an in-office procedure can correct significant asymmetry after my BA with BL two months ago? Left breast is lower, larger, and heavier than right. My surgeon says he can do a revision in his office to bring that nipple an inch higher and even them up. Can this also correct the disparity in size? My right breast was always smaller... why didn't he use two different sized implants to begin with? He has 30 years experience, I thought that should count for something.

Breast revision in office under local after breast lift

Surgery was just 2 months ago? While remarkable asymmetry probably will not correct with time, you may want to wait a little longer for revision once the scars soften more. Skin only surgery would be fine under local anesthesia. If you are anxious, then you might want to discuss anesthesia with sedation when you undergo revision. Financial cost may be higher. Second opinion with another Board-certified plastic surgeon may reinforce and confirm what will make your result the best it can be. Best of luck.

Breast lift revision

Yes minor revisions can be done in the office under local anesthesia. These types of revisions usually involve skin excision only. To determine if an office revision would be reasonable in your case I would need to see photos. In general it is difficult to correct a large discrepancy under local anesthesia.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Office based procedures are not unusual

First, it would be helpful to see your pictures.  You do not need to worry about an office based procedure as many surgeons do perform these.  If your surgeon has been doing this for 30 years, as you say, then he most likely knows what he is talking about.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

In office breast lift revisions must be individualized.

While it is possible to do minor revisions in an office settling, it would be impossible to know whether this would apply in your case without photos to show the level of disparity.  As a general rule if only skin is being removed, this can be numbed with local anesthesia and a revision accomplished.  However, there may be other issues to deal with making an in office revision less than optimal for you.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Correction of asymmetry after a breast lift and augmentation

Symmetry is the curse of plastic surgery and even though the same operation is done on both sides they frequently heal like they are on two different people. You appear to have some nice improvement as you progress and it is possible that this will continue. You are at the 10  month period and it may be time for a reassessment and possible revision to center the nipple over the implant  and revise the mastopexy.  Possibly converting to a vertical type.

Breast Lift Revision in Office

Breast lifts can definitely have minor revisions performed under local anesthesia in the office.  This will speed your recovery, allow you to drive yourself hhome and save you some money.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Revision surgery

I assume your surgeon is going to do this in a fully accredited facility.  This can certainly be done in an office setting.

Office breast revision

First be patient. Wait for another month of healing before pursuing revision surgery. Many changes occur in the first three months after surgery. Next, get one surgery to complete all of the revisions necessary.  If you have a size discrepancy at that time then the implant can be adjusted at that time.  It is likely that you will require anesthesia if these things need to be done.  While I agree that minor revisions are easily done in the office, make sure you are getting what you need for a complete result.  Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Revision and Size Disparity

Placing two different implant sizes sounds like a great idea, but this inevitably results in two different breast shapes if more than 50 cc or so is the difference between the two volumes.  I do not see any reason why a revision breast lift could not be performed with local anesthesia and oral sedation.  This would depend upon the maneuvers employed and your specific needs.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Office revisions

Without seeing you or a picture of you, it is hard to tell you specifically what would work best for you or whether an office setting is the best place to do it.  It is not unusual to do minor revisions in the office under local anesthesia.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD