Breast Uplift During Period?

Hello, I am 30yrs old and I'm due to have an uplift on the 19thFeb (one month today) I just realised that I'll be on the 2nd day of my period. I also have low blood pressure. Is this still safe or should I reschedule? Many thanks A

Breast Uplift During Period?

This should not pose any medical problems. If your breast size changes dramatically during your period, alert your surgeon to this. 

Thanks, and best wishes.

Surgery during period

Breast Surgery is one of the most common procedures I do, especially Breast Augmentation. Over more than a 25 yrs I have often operated on women during their menstrual period and I have not found it to be a problem . Although many women do have some breast swelling associated with their periods it is not enough to pick the wrong implant size.
It is not an uncommon to do breast surgery including augmentation during a menstrual cycle. My experience even in women as "regular as a clock" with surgery scheduled between periods often start the day before, day of or within a few days after surgery or contrarily can be late. Menstrual cycles can become irregular at times of stress, from surgery and anesthesia. It should not be a problem.

Menstruation and Breast Lift

Breast lift can be performed at any time during the menstrual cycle.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast lift Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lifting Surgery and Menstrual Period?

Yes, it is safe to have your procedure anytime during your menstrual cycle. Don't be surprised if your cycle is made somewhat irregular ( or even missed) around the time of the procedure planned.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the outcome of the breast lifting surgery.

Menstruation during surgery

Hi Ddaughter,

Do not be concerned about having surgery while menstruating.  Interestingly, often the excitemen/anxiety of upcoming surgery causes women to menstruate around the time of surgery even though it is off their schedule.  This is a quite often phenomenon.

Good Luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Surgery and menstruation

It is OK to have surgery at the same time as you menstruate. It is difficult to time and should cause a problem.

Surgery during a period

The fact that you will be on your period at the time of your surgery might make you a little higher risk for bleeding during the surgery, but this should not be a significant risk and should not be a reason to postpone your surgery.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD