Issue with tongue thrust and large gaps at the bottom of my teeth. Recommendations for treatment?

I have a major issue with tongue thrust. In addition, the large gaps at the bottom of my teeth cause me to cut or get my tongue caught. I end up with cut or a swollen sore tongue daily. Are there any recommendations for treatment? It is also impacting my speech now. I'm not sure why this started but it did start suddenly. I am a middle aged adult over 40.

Answers (1)

Tongue Thrust: DNA Appliance and Oral Myofunctional Therapist can help

Tongue thrusts usually have an underlying orthopedic cause and can be addressed with oral myofunctional therapy.

The DNA Appliance can often correct the orthopedics in an adult.

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.